"Oops, something went wrong while loading" in the browser when using 1Password 7 for Windows

Options
System
edited December 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows
This discussion was created from comments split from: Error: "Oops, something went wrong while loading" [SEE APPROVED ANSWER].

Comments

• micaela_novas
    micaela_novas
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there! I'm on 2.18.0 version with Chrome. Chrome's version is up to date (120.0.6099.71). Today I'm getting the "Oops, something went wrong while loading" message, and I'm not able to open 1Password on the web.

I updated the browser, restarted, and the same error occurred.
    On a subsequent try, I selected the 1Password icon, and now I got the "Open 1Password" window. But when I click on it, nothing happens (no window pops up).
    Additionally, even though my settings are set to integrate with the desktop app, I just found out the desktop app is not synched. So I'm locked out of my passwords at the moment. (Version 7.9.835).

Please advise (as soon as possible?) :-)

• micaela_novas
    micaela_novas
    Community Member
    Options

Regarding my comment above, I installed desktop version 8, asked me to download the Chrome extension and when I clicked yes, then "magically" my browser extension started working. Ha!

• Hello @micaela_novas! 👋

I'm happy that updating to 1Password 8 resolved the issue for you. 🙂

Please let us know if you do see the error message again or if you have any other questions.

-Dave

• Tcl
    Tcl
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi Today

I have been getting the "Oops something went wrong while loading"
    message on the browser plugin for both MS Edge and chrome

Other than that 1password seem to work fine
    Is there a security risk to use 1password while having this issue

And how to fix it
    I followed the instruction, re-installed 1password plugin
    restarted the browser, even restarted windows
    nothing is fixing this issue

Please advice

Regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Not Provided

• Tcl
    Tcl
    Community Member
    Options

Few things to add

1. I am using the latest plugin version 2.18
    2. I am using desktop version 7. something
    3. I saw the other post for the same issue where the fix was to upgrade desktop to v 8
    4. I cannot upgrade to version 8 because it refuse to install on my computer

Please fix this for version 7 on desktop

Also what i care more about is to know if its safe to continue using 1password on the browser
    since unlocking 1password from the app still work, i just can edit 1 password from the browser
    and i also didnt try to add a new account, dont know if this will work

So please fix it, but also more important tell me if it is safe to use 1password while having this issue

• twiddlesThumbs
    twiddlesThumbs
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Same problem - using 1Password for Windows Desktop version 7.9.835 and cannot resolve the "Oops" pop-up. Running latest Chrome Version 120.0.6099.71 and 1P extension 2.18.0. Hoping for solution other than updating from v7 to v8, please?

Strange thing is that the extension itself has the "Oops" but the integration with desktop for populating fields in web pages still has full functionality.

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

@twiddlesThumbs and @Tcl

I'm sorry that you're running into the same issue. It looks like the issue is limited to 1Password 7 which is an older version that isn't supported anymore. That being said, our developers are looking into this to see if there might be a fix.

For the time being, updating to 1Password 8 is the best solution since this version, which is regularly updated, doesn't appear to be affected by the issue. If you already have a 1Password membership then the update is available at no additional cost: Upgrade to 1Password 8

A workaround, if you'd prefer to stick with 1Password 7 for now, that appears to work for affected users is to turn off the integration between the desktop app and 1Password in the browser (this means that you'll need to unlock both separately and you won't be able to use biometrics to unlock 1Password in the browser):

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click Settings.
    3. Turn off "Integrate this extension with the 1Password desktop app".

I hope to have more to share about the issue soon.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#26621

• twiddlesThumbs
    twiddlesThumbs
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P
    Thanks for the workaround. I'll let our users know turning off integration with desktop app works, it just requires logging in to each as necessary.

• Tcl
    Tcl
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi this is a repost, because my previous post was deleted

I am getting this error on the plugin, but i am still able to unlock the 1password and use it to fill passwords in the browser

Until a fix is available is it safe to continue using 1passowrd while having this issue
    I need an quick reply please on the safety concern, take your time with the actual fix

(and undo the delete of the original post if possible)

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Not Provided

• Adarajin2
    Adarajin2
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Today when I attempted to load 1Password extension from my Windows 10 Google Chrome Browser Version 120.0.6099.71 (Official Build) (64-bit) it gives me the "Oops, something went wrong while loading." message. Reloading (or entirely reinstalling) the chrome extension has not fixed the problem. The stand-alone app is working just fine. This problem may be as much as a week+ old, as I haven't used the extension in a while.

Any suggestions on how to get this extension working in my browser again?

1Password Version: 7.9.835
    Extension Version: 2.18.0
    OS Version: Windows 10
    Browser: Chrome

• @Adarajin2 and @Tcl

I'm sorry that you're seeing the same issue. Please see my comment above which includes some workarounds.

@Tcl

Your comments have been merged into the existing thread for the issue, nothing has been deleted. I'm sorry for the confusion.

-Dave

• Adarajin2
    Adarajin2
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, upgrading to 1Password 8 has fixed the issue.

Took me a bit to find your response though cause it gave me a "Comment Not Found The page you were looking for could not be found." error when I tried to reload my previous message :-P

• Tcl
    Tcl
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi

Turn off "Integrate this extension with the 1Password desktop app".

works for me, I guess this just mean that i will need to login separately into the plugin vs the app, or login separately into each browser , but thats ok

and sorry for posting my issue twice, i never got a notification that my issue was merged here
    i only got it (the notification) when i was mentioned here and got an email

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Adarajin2 and @Tcl

I'm sorry for the confusion that merging your comments into the existing thread caused.

-Dave

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello everyone,

Our developers are coded a fix for the issue and included it in the next update to 1Password in the browser (2.18.1):

We’ve fixed an issue with the connection to earlier versions of the 1Password app.

At the time of writing, the update is still in the process of being approved by each browser's extension store but, once available, you'll be able to update to the latest version on your device: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser

Once you've updated to 2.18.1, make sure to turn app integration back on if you temporarily turned it off to workaround the issue:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click Settings.
    3. Turn on "Integrate this extension with the 1Password desktop app".

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience, thank you for your patience and understanding.

-Dave

• Tcl
    Tcl
    Community Member
    Options

From my side i can confirm that version 2.18.1 fixed my issue

• @Tcl

Thank you for the confirmation, I'm happy that everything is working again. 🙂

-Dave