Firefox + Passkeys + 1Password + Android 14

Options
Philippe23
Philippe23
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Android

It seems that Firefox [Nightly 122.0a1] on Android 14 is not interfacing with 1Password [8.10.22-1.BETA] for passkeys. The popup I get when trying to log into a site is the OS dialog (with Google colors on a key), not a 1Password one.

Chrome on the same device (with the flag set) works with 1Password.

Is there a way to get Passkeys working on Firefox for Android?

If not, is it known what versions it should arrive in? And/or is there a Firefox bug I can vote for and follow?

This combo is the last missing piece for me to start using passkeys.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.10.22-1.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Firefox Nightly 122.0a1

Comments

• deanveloper
    deanveloper
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also experiencing this issue. Is there a flag I need to set in Firefox to get this to work?

• Philippe23
    Philippe23
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Well, I've at least found a Mozilla bug for it:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1862132

• Hi @Philippe23 & @deanveloper,

From testing this on my end I am also encountering the same issue. I am prompted with the OS dialog rather than 1Password when trying to create or sign in via passkeys for websites using Firefox.

It seems like Firefox is not using the system provider CredentialManager yet. Otherwise, we'd see 1Password when 1Password is enabled as the system autofill service.

We are not aware of any flags that would turn on third-party passkey support in Firefox at the moment.

@Philippe23 Thanks for linking us to this bug, this would confirm why we would be encountering this issue.

-- Brendan