Community Member
    Options

Yes! Looks promising, I’ll try it.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    edited February 2
    Options

Ah yes I did notice that feature. It locates secure notes with the given search text. However, it does not allow finding that text within a long secure note. In earlier versions of 1Password desktop/Mac there was a context menu (right-click on the secure note text) that included Find Within Note. This disappeared at some point, unfortunately.

• We'll be glad to have you. 🙂 This change, to my knowledge, is a very recent. It's likely there will be more changes coming so keep an eye on it. I stumbled upon it by accent last night and was like wait is that new? 😆

• dsteinschneider
    dsteinschneider
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on this issue - I'm actually reviewing other systems even though I love 1Password because this is so critical to my workflow.

• dsteinschneider
    dsteinschneider
    Community Member
    Options

I would use a beta if it has search inside Secure Notes

• Dave_1P
    edited April 25
    Options

@dsteinschneider

Thank you for reaching out. The beta version of 1Password will now highlight your search term in Secure Notes:

If you're interested, you can find instructions on how to try the beta version here: Use 1Password beta releases

Let me know what you think! 🙂

-Dave

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    edited April 28
    Options

That is a good feature. It makes it 50% more usable to find something within one of my large secure notes. (I have a note that contains my old, ancient method of managing passwords which was a single text file.) It would sure be nice to have function like cmd-G which would go to the next occurrence of the search string in that file.

Edit: Make that 25% more usable. It seems that this highlighting goes away when you click Edit in the secure note.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Hmm, that's an interesting thought @mirv. I'm not sure it would be possible to preserve the highlight in edit mode but I like the idea now that you mention it. Nice going. I'm going to file something about this with the team. From me to you, thank you. I could use this; I feel certain. Hopefully, our developers will figure out a way to make this happen.