To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to sign in to 1Password.com [Incident is now resolved]

Options
jspoonerSI
jspoonerSI
Community Member
edited February 5 in Memberships

View Approved Answer

Website says it is fully functional, but all co-workers getting the following error when trying to sign in (apps work)
Can’t sign in.
An unexpected error occurred.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• tfox
    tfox
    Community Member
    Options

My company is also getting 500 error codes when trying to sign in.

• cadkins5
    cadkins5
    Community Member
    Options

Noticed this morning that I cannot update or save anything in the browser extension. Cannot log into account either. DownDetector site is showing issues with 1Password. Where can we see an update as to this issue?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: 2.15.1
    OS Version: Windows Pro 11
    Browser: Mozilla, Chrome, Edge

• JamieStephens99
    JamieStephens99
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, all of a sudden no one can access 1Password.

• JamieStephens99
    JamieStephens99
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password desktop app went into an offline state and is now in an endless reconnecting cycle.

• tfox
    tfox
    Community Member
    Options

1Password status page is now showing an incident: https://status.1password.com/

• achernow
    achernow
    Community Member
    Options

Issues logging in with unexpected error. Also, the CLI gives me this error randomly trying to read secrets.

Server: (500) (Internal Server Error), Server experienced a fatal error.

Sometimes it hangs for a good 5+ seconds before working or spitting out the 500 error.

• ConcordU
    ConcordU
    Community Member
    Options

Having same issue here.

Can’t sign in.
    An unexpected error occurred.

• jcollis
    jcollis
    Community Member
    Options

Also having an issue as well. Attempted with SSO accounts and an administrative account, both gave error 500.

• tginther
    tginther
    Community Member
    edited February 5
    Options

Hi,

I've been using 1Password since v1, so long-time user.

Everything has been working normally until this morning. I am not able to log into 1Password.com on either Mac or Windows. I have tried using Chrome and Safari, and have cleared the caches and browser history of each. Because I'm getting the issue in both environments, this is telling me it is probably not related to a specific Browser, OS or Platform.

On the Mac, my 1Password Browser extension is signed in and working normally. My 1Password App on the Mac is signed in and also working normally. There is just an issue trying to log into the website. After clearing cookies and history and restarting Safari, when I try to log in I get:

"Can’t sign in.
    An unexpected error occurred."

Also in Windows, I just re-downloaded the app and am trying to sign in. After entering Account credentials, I get the error:

"We weren't able to sign into your account. Maybe there's a typo? Check your sign-in details and try again"

I have been using the same Master Password and Secret Key for many years, and I know I am entering them correctly.

Not sure what to do to fix the issue.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.24 (81024044)
    Extension Version: 2.19.0
    OS Version: Mac OS 14.3
    Browser: Safari

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member
    Options

It's down right now. https://status.1password.com/

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member
    edited February 5
    Options

I'm seeing issues too. First the browser wasn't working while I was attempting to create a new acct on a web site. I rebooted, but that didn't fix. I went ahead and created the acct, but had to enter the info manually into the Windows app. But now I see the Windows app doesn't connect. Thus, my phone doesn't show the new entry. Hmm, the browser doesn't either.

It would be nice to hear what's going on. Ahh, found https://status.1password.com/

Browser 2.20.0 Windows 8.10.26

• jmbreitigan
    jmbreitigan
    Community Member
    edited February 5
    Options

I cannot sign into my account at your site. I get an unexpected error message. I attached a snapshot of it. I then tried to look at "My Accounts" trusted devices on the 1 Password App on my iMac. At first nothing appeared under devices & browsers. I got another something went wrong message. After several tries I was able to see my trusted devices & browsers.
    I have 1Password on my iPhone and I had no problems looking at my trusted devices & browsers on my iPhone. I tried one more time to login at your site and after several seconds I logged in but my I got a message that my vault was not able to be displayed. I am thinking of replacing my 2019 iMac soon and I need to be sure I can login to my account at your website
    Regards, John

1Password Version: 8.10.24
    Extension Version: 2.19.0
    OS Version: Sonoma 14.2
    Browser: Safari

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

There's an outage currently: https://1password.statuspage.io

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    edited February 5
    Options

Status page will give you status updates: https://1password.statuspage.io

• Dave_1P
    edited February 5
    Options

Hello everyone!

We are currently investigating reports of users having issues trying to login and access the 1Password application, primarily impacting sign-ins to the web interface.

Keep an eye on out on this thread and our status page for additional updates as they become available.

-Dave

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member
    Options

Their update appears to have fixed my issue.

• jcollis
    jcollis
    Community Member
    Options

Agreed we have resolution from our organization.

• Dave_1P
    edited February 5
    Options

Hello folks,

We appreciate your patience as we worked through this issue. Our engineers have rolled out changes to mitigate the issue and, after testing and monitoring, have confirmed that access to the web interface has now been restored.

More details can be found on our status page: https://status.1password.com/incidents/3cqc0kx5qdzz

If you still require assistance accessing 1Password.com, please contact us at support@1Password.com

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.