What's the possibility that my 1PW account was remotely accessed by 3rd party?

Options
jappleseed
jappleseed
Community Member

If a 3rd party were to access my 1PW account from an unrecognized device with a Master Key, would I be notified automatically via email?

Does 1PW keep records of login information, including but not limited to date and time, IP address, device type, etc. etc.

Lastly, if 1PW does, it would be nice to know that the device can be identified by owner's set NetBIOS for the device.

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 14.3
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @jappleseed! 👋

Thanks for the question! An attacker would need both your 1Password account password and Secret Key to log into your 1Password account and decrypt the data within it.

You'll always receive an email letting you know that your 1Password account had been accessed from a new device, and you'd see that new device listed on your profile (in the top right corner) when logging into and accessing 1Password on the web. Here you can see details like device type and IP address.

Lastly, if 1PW does, it would be nice to know that the device can be identified by owner's set NetBIOS for the device.

Can you expand on this a little more? I'm not sure that I understand this question. 🙂

-Dave

• jappleseed
    jappleseed
    Community Member
    Options

Google and Apple would identify devices by the names owners typed in on their devices. (Except for Google's Gmail, where they only give IP address for where your email is open but not any details for the devices or apps used.)

• jappleseed
    jappleseed
    Community Member
    Options

Tried logging into my.1PW .com

Got Error 500 rn.

Will try again later.

• Dave_1P
    edited February 5
    Options

@jappleseed

We had a recent incident that affected the ability of some to sign into 1Password.com. That incident is now resolved: Unable to sign in to 1Password.com [Incident is now resolved]

You should be able to sign in again, let me know if you continue to experience any issues. 🙂

-Dave