How to completely disable 2FA prompting

Options

I keep my 2FA codes separate from 1Password. As such, I never, ever want 1Password's autofill popup to come up on a 2FA field. (Or anything that looks like a 2FA field, like a postcode field. But that's a separate gripe.) But as far as I can tell, there's no way to globally disable this behaviour without also disabling password autofill.

Am I missing something? If not, please consider adding this feature.

1Password Version: 8.10.7 (81007041)
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @ideabucket,

There isn't a way to stop 1Password from appearing in 2FA fields. It shows up on these fields as it can fill them in for you. Here's how: Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication.

If you would like to quickly dismiss 1Password in a field you can hit the ESC key on your keyboard or click on the 1Password icon in the field.

I hope this helps.

• modjeska
    modjeska
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

I second the request above. There should be a way to stop 1Password from appearing in 2FA fields. This is inherently a customer option, not a vendor marketing opportunity.

• Hey @modjeska,

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed it on to our product team.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB36539084

• celos
    celos
    Community Member
    Options

I third the request above. I appreciate 1Password trying to keep me safe, but there should be a Settings checkbox to turn off the "Store 2FA codes" prompt for those of us who use another app for 2FA.

I understand I can dismiss the dialog. It would be better to never have to see it if I don't wish to use that feature.

• Hey there @celos, I've shared your feedback with our product team, thank you.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

-Evon

ref:38155130