Extension not working in Firefox 20

Options

Whenerver I try to save a password via the extension in FF, after entering my master password, nothing happens. I have javascript enabled and I removed AdBlock Plus, NoScript and Ghostery but the problem still presists. I also tried reinstalling the extension. Any ideas on what I could do to solve this?

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @yosefrajwulf,

Do you see any red badge on the 1Password button in Firefox?

If not, did it fail to save the password on all sites or just some? Can you test a fake account on Facebook.com and see if it'll prompt to auto-save? It does for me, so it should work.

• yosefrajwulf
    yosefrajwulf
    Community Member
    Options

No, I do not see any red badge on the icon.

The button does prompt me to autosave login information on any site I try to login to. However, after I type my main password and press enter nothing happens. Another weird thing is that if I click the 1password button to unlock my database (not to store login info) then after I enter my main password I get a message like "Connecting ... 1" and the counter starts increasing. I tried removing the extension and then deleting "~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/OnePassword.sqlite" and reinstalling the extension but this did not work. Any ideas?

• MikeT
    edited April 2013
    Options

If it was connecting forever, it means it wasn't able to connect to the 1Password Helper and it should've shown the red badge.

1. You've already tried disabling all extensions except for 1Password, restart Firefox, and see if it works?
    2. Do you use any firewall, VPN, or proxy on your Mac?
    3. Can you check if 1Password works properly in Safari, just to see if it is just Firefox or it is 1Password Helper.
  • yosefrajwulf
    yosefrajwulf
    Community Member
    edited April 2013
    Options

It does not show the red badge.
    1. It doesn't work even if I disable all other extensions.
    2. I do not use a firewall, VPN, or proxy.
    3. It works properly in Safari.

• MikeT
    Options

Can you send us your diagnostic report to our support email system. To generate the report, please read this article and then email it to support@agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Thanks!

• yosefrajwulf
    yosefrajwulf
    Community Member
    Options

Done! I will be waiting for the reply and post here any possible solution.

• yosefrajwulf
    yosefrajwulf
    Community Member
    Options

I created a new user profile and that solved the problem.
    See http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/11992/how-to-create-a-new-firefox-profile for more instructions.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @yosefrajwulf,

I'm glad to hear that. The bad news is that it might not be the fix entirely. We've heard back from a few users who did the same thing and they confirmed the problem came back in a few days.

So, hopefully, it will not come back for you but just in case, please keep in mind anything you did to Firefox before it happens again, so we can figure out if it is an extension you installed or something else.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.