Windows hello not working right

Options
keitht1958
keitht1958
Community Member

for many months i used fingerprint to sign in to windows and 1 password fine
but now since reinstall windows i can use fingerprint for win11 but 1password always asks for password after every restart of computer very annoying i have hello set in settings and as long as i do not restart fingerprint works.

windows 11 build 22631.3007
1Password for Windows 8.10.26 (81026021)

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.26 (81026021)
Extension Version: Version 2.20.0
OS Version: win11 x64
Browser: opera

Comments

• Hello @keitht1958! 👋

I'm sorry for the frustration. To unlock 1Password for Windows without having to enter your account password after you restart your PC you'll need to use your PC's Trusted Platform Module (if it has one). Follow these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Settings.
    3. Click Security and turn on Use the Trusted Platform Module with Windows Hello, then click Turn On.

Let me know if that doesn't work. 🙂

-Dave

• keitht1958
    keitht1958
    Community Member
    Options

already turned this option on in settings and sure it does have it in bios fairly new pc and runs win 11 without any issues.

• Hello @keitht1958,

Thanks for confirming the TPM option is turned on within 1Password for Windows. I'm sorry you've been having troubles with Windows Hello after Windows reinstall.

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC so we can look in to this further:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/144356/windows-hello-not-working-right
    • Your forum username: keitht1958

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks again!

• keitht1958
    keitht1958
    Community Member
    Options

Don't know why but working properly now have not changed anything but good news.

• That's great news! If you do run into any other issues then please let us know. We're here to help. 🙂

-Dave