1P for Safari is failing again

Options
TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited February 14 in 1Password in the Browser

Whenever I click on it I'm having to enter the 1P unlock code even though the application is open and unlocked. After I enter the password, a 1P Safari page opens. I thought this had been put to rest, but it seems to have regressed.

1Password Version: 81026021
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: 14.4
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hey @TomWolsky,

It sounds like 1Password in your browser might be having a hard time connecting to your 1Password app. If you follow the steps below does 1Password in Safari remain locked?

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test to see if 1Password for Safari is unlocked?

Let us know how you get on!

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Steph. I had to do a system reinstall for another issue. After that it was working correctly. I wonder what suddenly triggers this behavior.

• Hey @TomWolsky, thank you for your reply. I'm glad to hear that 1Password is now working as expected.

It would be difficult to determine what exactly happened with 1Password for Safari on your setup without troubleshooting. If the issue happens again, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're happy to help. 🙂

-Evon

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Evon.

• You're very welcome. 🙂

• r8ders2k
    r8ders2k
    Community Member
    Options

That worked for me as well.

• @r8ders2k, thank you for the update.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all and have a great weekend!

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

I see this frequently after a nightly update of 1Password: The connection between the app and the Safari extension seems to be severed until I follow the same steps @steph.giles posted.
    A bit annoying……

• David Z
    David Z
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar problem but the behavior is yet more degraded. clicking the Safari icon brings up a screen that says “Open 1Password.” clicking that message brings up a screen that says “Open 1Password.” 1Password is open on the desktop, however.

MacOS 14.4
    1Password 81026038
    Browser Safari

• Hey @cortig,

It sounds like you may be facing an issue we have recently bumped into; the nature of the Nightly version is that it has a more frequent update schedule for testing purposes. Meanwhile, for 1Password in the browser to connect with the desktop app, it will need to verify the version of the desktop app. However, the connection is being dropped if it detects a version change of the desktop app.

If it is becoming too problematic I would suggest returning to the stable version of 1Password until this is resolved, here's how: Stop using 1Password beta releases.

@David Z I'm sorry for the trouble, do the previous steps I shared get things back on track for you?

ref: dev/core/core#27066

• Dave_1P
    Options

@cortig

Thanks for your patience! A fix has been released that will prevent integration between the desktop app and the browser extension from breaking when you update to the latest nightly:

When you update to the latest nightly release of 1Password for Mac, the 1Password app and browser extension will now stay connected.

Make sure that you've updated to 8.10.30 or later. Let me know if you still see the same issue after updating. 🙂

-Dave

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for letting me know @Dave_1P !! That's going to make my life a lot easier :)

Corentin

• Dave_1P
    edited April 17
    Options

@cortig

I'm happy that the update will help. Let me know if you run into the issue again. 🙂

-Dave