Trouble with PNC.com Login in Firefox

Options
khad
khad
1Password Alumni
edited April 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Extension not working in Firefox 20.

Comments

• philweiss
    philweiss
    Community Member
    Options

Similar problems with two part PNC bank sign on. Using Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and extension 3.9.10 with Firefox 19.0.2. First signon fills in ID but does not submit. Manual submit works (i.e., click the button) and shows second part. Second signon does not fill the Password or try to submit. Manual fill in and manual submit do allow signon to site. Using Safari shows normal behavior with fills and submits - no problem.

• philweiss
    philweiss
    Community Member
    Options

Downloaded extension 3.9.11. Did not correct problem on PNC two page sign-on. I can send the URLs if this will help. Please let me know.

• philweiss
    philweiss
    Community Member
    Options

After restarting Firefox: Still puts in ID on first page for PNC signon, but still does not submit. After clicking submit button, second page appears (as before). Now (ext. 3.9.11), second signon click on 1PW (for Password) does enter & submit. Not the same behavior on first page as previously, but certainly workable. As above, if URLs helpful, please let me know where to send. Thanks.

• philweiss
    philweiss
    Community Member
    Options

Neglected to mention: if I delete the first (ID) signon, 1PW does not prompt me to save if I manually enter the ID; as thought it does not recognize the entry as an ID/Signon needing a new 1PW listing.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Trouble with iframes in Firefox with extension 3.9.10.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Phil,

I split your posts from the other thread since it was not related to that other issue. The PNC site is not using iframes.

Please do let me know the URL and we can take a closer look. Just to be clear, the issue is that autosubmit doesn't work on the first "Fill and Submit" but it does if you try it again on the same page?

• philweiss
    philweiss
    Community Member
    Options

Sending all this with hope it is useful to you. My problem seems to be solved.
    Thought I'd give things a few days to percolate. Presently: FireFox V 20.0; 1PW Extension V 3.9.12. 1PW now fills first (ID) "Fill/Submit", but does not submit. Manual submit gives second page (Password). 1PW second entry properly fills & submits. Having to click on submit on the first page isn't a big deal, just curious. FYI, I see this same behavior with the Merrill-Lynch online website, also a two pager. Further curious: Since the version changes in FF & 1PW, my AOL account is behaving differently: Previous- I clicked on a bookmark bar link to open the website sign-on page, then selected my email address entry on 1PW to sign in (I have a number of different addresses & this made selection of the account/address convenient). Now, clicking on the bookmark link opens the proper page, but 1PW doesn't fill in or submit. If I use the 1PW entry to do the sign-in/submit directly (i.e., it calls the webpage, fills & submits) it works fine. Just for fun: No problems with AOL or PNC with Safari; except that Safari (either from the bookmark link or directly from 1PW) now fills, but does not submit the first PNC page. The lack of page 1 submits on PNC & Merrill is a minor irritant (I suspect due to their web page construction) although it would be nice to see the submit be automatic.
    For PNC:

FIRST PAGE
    https://www.pnc.com/webapp/unsec/Homepage.do?siteArea=/pnccorp/PNC/Home/Personal

SECOND PAGE
    www.onlinebanking.pnc.com/alservlet/OnlineBankingServlet

For AOL: The webpages opened by the bookmarks link--

https://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/login.psp?sitedomain=sns.webmail.aol.com&lang=en&locale=us&authLev=2&siteState=ver:2|ac:WS|at:SNS|ld:webmail.aol.com|uv:AOL|lc:en-us&seamless=novl

https://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/login.psp?sitedomain=sns.webmail.aol.com&lang=en&locale=us&authLev=2&siteState=ver:2|ac%3aWS|at%3aSNS|ld%3awebmail.aol.com|uv%3aAOL|lc%3aen-us&seamless=novl

Thanks for your efforts. Couldn't live without 1PW.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Options

Thanks for following up and providing those URLs. Some sites do things to block autosubmit and sometimes it is only on one page of a multi-page login process. (I see this on the Bank of America site as well. The first page doesn't autosubmit, but the second page does.)

There is an issue I'm trying to track down. I'm wondering if it is related. Can you tell me if the behavior changes if you disable "Animate filling" in Settings > Logins?

• philweiss
    philweiss
    Community Member
    Options

Changing as above (Animate disabled) didn't have an effect using either Firefox or Safari on PNC or Merrill two part logins. FWIW, I neglected to mention that using Firefox, the AOL signon form is not filled or submitted when it is the first new tab called up by a bookmarks menu link. If you close that tab and try a second time using the bookmarks link, the signon proceeds normally. This happens whether the first new tab opened is AOL or any other website (after the homepage has loaded).

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Could you try installing the latest beta of the 1Password Firefox extension and see if that helps? Open this link in Firefox and follow the onscreen instructions:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/firefox.html?beta=y

Can you confirm the version of the extension you now have installed as well as whether or not the behavior has improved?

• philweiss
    philweiss
    Community Member
    Options

Started with Firefox extension 3/9/12 and just installed 3/9/13.b4. Seems to work the same as far as my issues with AOL and PNC.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for verifying. I suspected as much. I'll add this to the information the developers have about this. Perhaps we can improve this in an update. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

• philweiss
    philweiss
    Community Member
    Options

Thanx. Sadly, the update to 3.9.13.b4 also crashed some of my other signons (AARP Medicare Plans X2). URL: https://www.aarpmedicareplans.com/aarp-members/sign-in. Works with Safari. Reloaded 3.9.12 and the two AARP logins work (work = form fills but must click to submit). The AOL has reverted back to not filling or submitting if AOL is chosen from a bookmark as the first tab after the homepage. Subsequently it works until FF is closed and reopened. I will check a few more.

• nachalnik
    nachalnik
    Community Member
    Options

Almost hate to bring this up, as it is not a huge problem. Looked through the others posts, and can't find anything ... so will post here. In extension 3.9.10, there was a problem with Firefox 20 and certain sites (many with iFrames) where 1PW would not fill-in log-ins. This was corrected with extension 3.9.11/3.9.12 (which came out like within an nanosecond of each other). I have now noticed with extension 3.9.14, that one of the sites which was affected (under 3.9.10/FF20 is again not working. The site is PNC's banking site. This uses two different pages for log-in. The first is for the user name, the second is for the password. First page will not fill in, yet the second will. (all works normally with other browsers ..... Firefox doesn't play nicely). This is the page in question:

https://www.pnc.com/webapp/unsec/Homepage.do?siteArea=/PNC/Home/Personal

I have circumvented the problem by not using the above page and instead using the re-login page here:

https://www.onlinebanking.pnc.com/

Username fill in works fine on this page. The problem is that this page is only accessible by direct access to the url or after you log-out of PNC banking. It is not really listed anywhere in PNC's site map. So, not really a problem for me .... but wanted to alert you to it. I am using Snow Leopard with 1PW 3.8.20 if it matters. The rest of the sites that were problems with the 3.9.10 extension still work fine for me. Just this pesky PNC site.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I merged your post with this existing thread for PNC, @nachalnik. I'll see if anyone on the team has a PNC account so we can test this further.

• nachalnik
    nachalnik
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Khad. Didn't post it here originally only because the problem was fixed with the 3.9.11/12 extension. Somehow, it reappeared. I checked extension versions I was using, and saw it updated to .14 ...... so, something happened between 12 and 14. Like I said, there IS an easy workaround for PNC users as I mentioned in my post.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.