Why can not open .pdf Doc. with Windows OC?

Options
Heinzu
Heinzu
Community Member

Can not open Documents (.pdf and Excel) on PC with Windows. Can open with Android mobile phone and can open with OS Apple Ipad. Iremember taht it has worked also on PC with Windows some months ago. All of a sudden it has stoped to work with Windows

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Heinzu! 👋

Welcome to the 1Password community! I'm sorry that you're having trouble with PDF and Excel files on your Windows PC. Are you just having trouble with PDF/Excel files that you've saved in 1Password? Or are you having trouble with PDF/Excel files in general? What happens when you try to open a file, do you see an error message?

Can you also tell me which version of 1Password you're using on your Windows PC?

-Dave

• Heinzu
    Heinzu
    Community Member
    Options

Dave
    Answer to your questions:

• Version is 7.9.4
    • I have no problems to open any file on my PC and .pdf and Excel normally work fine.
    • I have only Excel and .pdf safed as Documents on 1Password. Therefore I can not answer if other files could be opened.
    • I do not have any error message on 1Password when I try to open .pdf or Excel. There is just no reaction to my clicks.
  • Heinzu
    Heinzu
    Community Member
    Options

No one can help ??

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Heinzu

Thank you for the reply. With the launch of 1Password 8 for Windows, 1Password 7 for Windows is no longer supported. I recommend that you upgrade since the issue that you're running into might be resolved in the new version: Upgrade to 1Password 8

If you already have a 1Password account then the upgrade is available at no additional cost.

Once you're using 1Password 8 try these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 8.
    2. Click on an item that contains your PDF or Excel file.
    3. Hover over the file and click Download.
    4. Click Reveal at the bottom of the app.
    5. Double-click the file from Windows Explorer.

Let me know if that works.

-Dave