Cannot create a new item & app hangs

Options
stvogt
stvogt
Community Member
edited March 11 in Mac

Similar to this post (linked below) my Mac app does not create a new item from the button nor the menu bar "file > new item > XXX" I've tried all the obvious things like restarting the app and restarting my mac... this problem persists regardless. It acts like a bug.

https://1password.community/discussion/144539/unable-to-create-new-items

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.6.4
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hey there @stvogt

I don't know if you have Tags showing in your sidebar, but could you try temporarily turning them off and let me know if that helps?

Use the sidebar in 1Password # Customize the sidebar

If it does help, you could be experiencing an issue under investigation just now, so let me know.

— Grey

• stvogt
    stvogt
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P - BINGO! that worked. Thank you so much for your help. I've been a 1P user for well over a decade and never had issues like this.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@stvogt

I'm happy that Grey's suggestion helped, our developers are working on a permanent fix that we hope to release in a future update. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28117

• Dave_1P
    Options

@stvogt

Our developers have released an update to 1Password that includes a fix for an issue where using certain tags could result in visual issues or cause the app to become unresponsive. Please update to 1Password for Mac version 8.10.28:

Thank you for your patience while our developers worked to resolve the issue. If you've previously turned tags off in your sidebar as a workaround, you can turn them back on after updating:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Click Appearance.
    5. Check "Tags" under the Always show in Sidebar section.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Dave