Expanding context menu toggles vault side menu on/off

Options

1Password for Mac 8.10.26 (81026021)
MacOS 14.1.1 (23B81) Apple M1 Pro

I'm having issues with the context menus when trying to reveal/show in large type on any item. Instead of showing the context menu it toggles the vault side menu. It also does this when I click the elipsis(...) in the top right of a vault item and many other areas.

As this is an odd issue I have screen recorded it. Please let me know where I can send this as it shows the issue much better than I can explain in words.

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 14.1.1 (23B81)
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @deant

(Side note, but I notice you're running macOS Sonoma 14.1.1, and the current version is 14.3.1, so you might want to try updating macOS first, just as a precaution. I doubt it'll fix what's going on in your case, but it's better to be on the latest macOS anyway for your Mac's benefit.)

We can have a look at this with you by email. Send us an email at support+forum@1password.com and you'll receive an auto-reply from 🤖 BitBot. It will contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that here and I'll be able to make sure your message goes to the right team.

☞ Your screen recording will need to be under 25 MB to be received. We can't accept external links. If it's larger, try compressing it, or wait for a member of our team to send you a link where you can upload it securely.

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

• emiliano_santucci
    emiliano_santucci
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    same problem on my Mac:

1Password Version: 8.10.27
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: MacOS 13.6.4 (22G513)
    Browser: Not Provided

This problem is really frustating because can't show any content from a select input (ex. reveal password) and make use of 1Password impossible when edit an item (ex. add other data).

Emiliano

• GreyM1P
    Options

@emiliano_santucci

Sorry you're having trouble with this. This thread may be of some use to you in this case:

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/706457/#Comment_706457

Try the workaround shown there. If you're still having trouble, add a comment to that thread. :)

• emiliano_santucci
    emiliano_santucci
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P,
    this workaround solve the problem for me.

We waiting to bugfix resolution. 🙂

Thank you

• Dave_1P
    edited March 7
    Options

@emiliano_santucci and @deant

We're currently testing a fix in the latest beta version of 1Password for Mac, please update to 8.10.28 which was released yesterday.

If you still see the issue when using this version then let me know.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28117

• deant
    deant
    Community Member
    Options

I had rolled back to the production release and reset all my vaults to get it to work again, and work it did until this morning when the same symptom came back. I have now gone back to the beta channel and it seems to be working again. If I see this issue again, I'll post it here.

• Dave_1P
    edited March 13
    Options

@deant

Thank you for sharing your experience. As mentioned earlier, the fix is currently being tested in the beta version and you'll see a note in our release notes when it makes it to the stable version in the future: 1Password Releases

If anyone wants to stick with the stable version then the following workaround will also help:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Settings.
    3. Choose Appearance.
    4. Uncheck "Tags" under the Always show in Sidebar section.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

• Dave_1P
    Options

@deant and @emiliano_santucci

Our developers have released an update to 1Password that includes a fix for an issue where using certain tags could result in visual issues or cause the app to become unresponsive. Please update to 1Password for Mac version 8.10.28:

Thank you both for your patience while our developers worked to resolve the issue. If you've previously turned tags off in your sidebar as a workaround, you can turn them back on after updating:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Click Appearance.
    5. Check "Tags" under the Always show in Sidebar section.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Dave

• emiliano_santucci
    emiliano_santucci
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P ,
    confirm the resolution after update.

Thank you for your work.

Have a nice day!

Emiliano

• Dave_1P
    Options

@emiliano_santucci

Thank you for confirming that the issue is now resolved on your Mac after updating to the latest version of 1Password. 🙂

-Dave