Cannot obtain 1Password Extension for Safari

Options
greg30577
greg30577
Community Member
edited March 20 in 1Password in the Browser

Using IP 8 on a Mac. Group license if that makes a difference. Have been at this for almost two hours. Cannot find a way to get the 1P extension for MacOS Safari. Going through the 1P app, going through various web pages, going through previous answers here I am taken to https://apps.apple.com/us/app/1password-for-safari/id1569813296?mt=12 which takes me to the Mac App Store. I am instructed to Turn on 1Password in Safari Preferences. BUT THERE IS NO 1PASSWORD IN SAFARI PREFERENCES > EXTENSIONS. I have restarted Mac twice.
Note: through the 1P app > Settings > Browser > Connect to additional browsers > Add Browser. I go to Safari and get this message: That application didn't work. The selected application was signed in an unsupported way or my be missing a required identifier.

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: not present
OS Version: MacOS 12.7.3
Browser: Safari 17.3.1

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi @greg30577

It looks like you're running macOS Monterey, and sometimes the Safari extension doesn't appear correctly because of something happening in that operating system. Try the following:

1. Open and unlock the main 1Password app.
    2. Click the Help menu > Troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension.

Then, 1Password should appear in Safari preferences. This is something that got fixed in macOS Ventura so if you can upgrade macOS to a more current version, I'd definitely recommend it.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• greg30577
    greg30577
    Community Member
    Options

That fixed it. Thank you very much. Plan to move to Venture soon.

• GreyM1P
    Options

@greg30577 – Glad to hear it! We'll be here if you need anything.