Duplicate '1Password.agilekeychain' file

Options

Hi there,

My 1Password.agilekeychain file was originally housed under Dropbox/Apps/1Password, but upon opening Dropbox this morning I noticed that not only is it under the 'Apps/1Password' location but for some reason the 1Password folder has also duplicated and is now in my main Dropbox directory. I've got so much important information in 1Password and I'm very worried about deleting the wrong one, so can someone help me out as I want to get rid of the one in the main directory but I'm worried about loosing important information if one of them is out of date :(

Kind Regards
Iestyn.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Options

This scenario can happen when you already have a 1Password data file in your Dropbox folder but decline to use it when 1Password asks you to do so. In that case 1Password will ignore the data file in your Dropbox folder and create one in your Library folder. if you later decide to move your data file to Dropbox the existing data file will be renamed and set aside. Only one data file should be located in your Dropbox folder, though, to avoid confusion.

What is the location of the data file listed in 1Password's preferences on the General pane? That is the active data file. Just to double-check, you can also look at the "Modified" date of the files to see which one is likely your active data file.

You can archive the file that is not listed in 1Password's preferences and has an older "Modified" date.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

• Iestyn
    Iestyn
    Community Member
    Options

I don't ever remember 1Password asking me to use a different location :-/

On my MacBook, the location of my data file is under Dropbox/Apps/1Password, i'll have to check if it's the same location on my iMac too. I've tried to look for the modified date but I don't know how to :(

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What specific version of 1Password are you using on each Mac? The version number is likely the same, but it could be different. Please let me know.

You can check the Modified date in Finder.

This discussion has been closed.