disable 1pw Mini (or change double click of tray icon to full 1pw?) - 1pw7 Windows

Options
RodgerThat34326
RodgerThat34326
Community Member
edited April 8 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I finally got my parents setup on 1pw (ive been a user myself for a while and love 1pw). Is there a way to change the action for when you double click 1pw in the tray (image below) that it opens up 1 password FULL , instead of 1 pw mini ? (they are on 1pw 7 , on win7 currently)

(1pw mini is annoying and does not seem to fully work (on win7 that is) , ie the hamburger menu at top right cant be clicked on. - However regardless of that, they want to see the full 1pw interface which I understand and agree with). (Additionally 1PW mini is a bit redundant when you make use of the Chrome extension as that is an even a better mini interface to 1pw, than the app 1pw mini)

I realize you can right click on it to open 1pw full or add a taskbar icon to the full app, however for my parents they frequently double click the tray bar icon which opens one password mini.

ideally id like to fully disable 1pw mini but I've read that is not an option. So changing the double click action would fix this as well.

Also I clearly need to get them a new computer to get them running windows 11 (vs w7), but currently this is the scenario (win7 + 1pw7), and they are not interested (for now) in getting a new PC just to get rid of 1pw mini. (although i am pushing for that).
thanks

thanks

1Password Version: 7.9.835
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win7
Browser: chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @RodgerThat34326! 👋

Thank you for reaching out. With the launch of 1Password 8 for Windows, 1Password 7 for Windows is no longer supported. I strongly encourage your parents to use 1Password 8 moving forward which can be downloaded from our website:

Once updated, you can choose what happens when you click the 1Password icon in the taskbar by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 8.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.
    3. Choose Settings, then click General.
    4. Set "Click the icon to:" to the desired option.

If you'd like to stay with 1Password 7 then I believe that you can hold Ctrl on your keyboard and then click 1Password icon in system tray to open the main app rather than 1Password mini.

I hope that helps. 🙂

-Dave