Auto-logout too early when using 1Password.com

Options
Brandis
Brandis
Community Member

I use 1Password at work in the browser, as they don't allow outside programs to be installed. In the settings, I put the Auto-Lock timeout to 300 min. However, I have to re-login after only about 30 min. every time. I tried in both Chrome and Edge.
Already deleted all settings in the browsers, no change.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2
Browser: Chrome & Edge

Comments

• Hey @Brandis,

I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you confirm if you are seeing this behaviour on 1Password.com or are you being signed out of your 1Password browser extension?

• Brandis
    Brandis
    Community Member
    edited April 11
    Options

Hi Steph, it is on my.1password.com.
    I cannot install extensions or apps from outside my company, that's why I can only use the website version of 1Password on my work PC.
    Auto-lock is set to 300 min.
    I also tried to change it to 1 min. and then change it back, but that doesn't help either. It is the same behaviour in both Chrome and Edge.
    I also just noticed, that the message says "Your session has expired. Sign in again to continue." in red. If it is locked because it was inactive for the set auto-lock time, it would say "Your session ended after x minutes of inactivity" in yellow.

[Personal information removed -Moderator]

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @Brandis, thank you for your reply. Since this is a public forum, please do not post any personal information such as your email address and full name. I've removed the screenshots you shared.

There is a known issue on my.1password.com where it does not respect the auto-lock settings. I created an issue for our development team and added you as an affected user to our internal reporting.

I sincerely apologize for any interruption in your workflow caused by this issue.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Evon

ref: dev/b5/b5#25208
    ref: dev/b5/b5#25229

• StefMTB
    StefMTB
    Community Member
    Options

I am using 1pass in the Chrome browser. I am setting my auto logout to 300 minutes, and I am being auto logged out in under 10 minutes. I have seen one other user with exactly the same issue (https://1password.community/discussion/145265/auto-logout-too-early).

On the above post, here is the comment from 1pass support person: "There is a known issue on my.1password.com where it does not respect the auto-lock settings. I created an issue for our development team and added you as an affected user to our internal reporting."

Being logged out this quickly is very interruptive to any flow at work. Is there a fix to this known issue yet?

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: 2.23.3
    OS Version: Windows 11 Pro
    Browser: Chrome