Feature Request - Display (wifi) qr code

Options
Riku55
Riku55
Community Member

Hey there, using 1password for over a year now and it's great!
Now I was just about to set up my wifi on a new android device and since it's getting more and more common to just use a qr code instead of typing the password in, I was thinking that 1password for sure would have an option to save qr codes in objects and display them directly inside the app. I was a bit baffled to find out it doesn't. Sure, I can attach the image, but to see it, I would need to manually download and open it with another app which I don't think is very convenient on lots of devices. If you just had an option to add a "QR code" field just as you add text, url, e-mail, address etc that would have a reveal/hide button, that would be very convenient and a great addition to a great service that 1password is :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited January 30
    Options

Thanks @Riku55 for the suggestion. I'll get this before the products team for consideration.

ref: PB-38036415

• fernandog
    fernandog
    Community Member
    edited February 1
    Options

I vote up for this feature, but I would like to suggest a workaround in the mobile app. There is a "preview" button for attached image (at least in the Document type), so you don't need to download the image (at least not in the user Download folder). Not the smart solution if you change your password every N weeks/months

• @fernandog

I'm all for the preview option. Thanks for sharing.

• BionicBison05
    BionicBison05
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if this is still under consideration, but with a WiFi item containing all the necessary information, maybe 1Password could go one step further and be able to generate a valid WiFi QR code?

• ag_tommy
    edited April 10
    Options

I'll let the team know this interests you. 🙂

ref: PB-39224134