• @timestamp

Thank you for letting me know. 🙂

-Dave

• kipling
    kipling
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I included that in my original post:

2FA with Authy, Chrome extension auto-lock set to off, and no desktop app installed.

• @kipling

I'm sorry for missing that, thank you for quoting the appropriate section from your post. It sounds like you're running into the same issue that I mentioned earlier. You can workaround the issue, until we have a permanent fix released, by using one of the workarounds that I described here.

Our developers don't need any other information, like a console log from your end, at this time.

-Dave

• timestamp
    timestamp
    Community Member
    Options

Update @Dave_1P:

The popups have started again as of this afternoon. No settings have been changed. Any ETA on the update?

• Hey @timestamp, thank you for your reply. I'm sorry to hear that you're still running into this issue even after enabling the "Automatically lock 1Password" option in the 1Password extension.

At this stage, we don't have an update to share regarding this issue. I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, and I'm truly sorry for any interruption in your workflow caused by this.

May I ask when this issue occurs, was the browser left opened and the extension unlocked when your computer auto-lock/sleep/hibernate? Or, did the session expire pop-up appear while in use?

-Evon

• timestamp
    timestamp
    Community Member
    Options

@EvonG1P it feels random to me right now. I just woke my computer up from sleep to have it appear, but that hasn't happened the past couple of days. I'm currently inside of the 8-hour period for the signout, because the extension isn't locked. Hopefully that's helpful, but let me know if there's any other information that would be useful.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@timestamp

Thank you for those details. The team is working to release a fix as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

-Dave

• phillipc
    phillipc
    Community Member
    Options

Can this please get fixed? Very annoying in a business environment for end users having this issue..

• computerdude1032
    computerdude1032
    Community Member
    Options

I registered for a forum account just to say - how the heck is this still not fixed!?!? Really wish I would have just not paid my $60 renewal for a service not even usable without constant logins. Causing my whole family headaches on all of our laptops/desktops!!! If you are just holding the fix for the next release - don't. Do we need to flood support with more tickets so they know the magnitude of the issue? If so I can start having my family and friends submit.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@phillipc and @computerdude1032

I'm sorry for the ongoing frustration that the issue is causing, our development team is actively working to resolve the issue and I've let them know the impact that the issue is causing to you and your business and family. For the time being, so that I can confirm that you're both affected by the same issue being discussed in this thread, can you please tell me the following:

1. Is two-factor authentication enabled for your 1Password account? If it it then are you using Duo or Okta or just another authenticator app?
    2. Do you have the desktop app installed?
    3. In the "Security" section of the extension's settings, do you have "Automatically lock 1Password" toggled off?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• computerdude1032
    computerdude1032
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Yes I have two-factor turned on. I have another authenticator app (not Duo or Okta) as well as a security key.
    2. I do not have the desktop app installed
    3. I have tried toggling that option on and off - the issue persists either way.

Note that this happens on my work PC (Windows), my personal Macbook (both for myself and my wife), and it also happening on my mother's Windows PC. I have other friends that use 1Password and they are all complaining about the same behavior. I would suspect it's far more widespread than just the couple of us that have taken the time to come here and post. I myself was watching this thread for a long time before I got annoyed enough to register an account and complain.

Most often, but not always - it seems to happen after the computer has locked. Sometimes it just prompts for my master password, other times it re-prompts for MFA as well - there is no perceptible pattern to when it will ask for 2FA.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@computerdude1032

Thank you for the detailed reply. The team is aware that the issue is affected a number of customers and they're actively working on a fix. I'm sorry again for the frustration.

Can you try the following as a temporary workaround:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser and click Settings.
    3. Turn off "Integrate this extension with the 1Password desktop app".
    4. Click on Security.
    5. Make sure that "Automatically lock 1Password" is turned on.
    6. Close and then reopen your browser.

Let me know if you still see a new tab open with the message "Your session has expired" with these specific settings.

-Dave

• sdmiller
    sdmiller
    Community Member
    Options

Signed up just to say I have the same issue. M1 Mac, Microsoft Edge. Really annoying.

• Dave_1P
    edited March 19
    Options

@sdmiller

Thank you for the reports and I'm sorry for the disruption that the issue is causing. So that I can confirm that you're affected by the known issue being discussed in this thread can you tell me the following:

1. Is two-factor authentication enabled for your 1Password account? If it it then are you using Duo or Okta or just another authenticator app?
    2. Do you have the desktop app installed?
    3. In the "Security" section of the extension's settings, do you have "Automatically lock 1Password" toggled off?

-Dave

• sdmiller
    sdmiller
    Community Member
    Options

1 MFA using google authenticator
    2 No
    3 I currently have it toggled off but I've had it both on and off an no difference.

• a6dfg1sdfg96sfdg
    a6dfg1sdfg96sfdg
    Community Member
    Options

It's already almost two months since this annoying bug was reported and it's still not fixed. Very disappointing.

I use 1password at work and liked it so much, that I considered switching personal/family password manager from LastPass to 1password once my LP subscription expires. Seeing how you don't care about a bug like this one, I realize it's not going to happen.

1. youbikey and google authenticator
    2. no app, just chrome extension
    3. toggle off
  • Dave_1P
    edited March 19
    Options

Thank you everyone for providing those details. Our development team is working on a permanent fix for the issue. For the time being, choosing one of these workaround options will prevent the issue from happening:

Option 1: Turn on auto-lock for 1Password in the browser

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    2. In the Security section, turn on "Automatically lock 1Password" and "Lock when device goes to sleep", then set the idle timer to 8 hours.

Option 2: Install the 1Password desktop app (if you'd like to keep auto-lock turned off)

1. Install the desktop app: Get the 1Password apps
    2. Make sure that integration between the desktop app and the browser extension is turned on: Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Settings" > Make sure that "Integrate this extension with the 1Password desktop app" is turned on.
    3. Use the desktop app to set your auto-lock setting to the preferred option: How to set 1Password to lock automatically

Let me know if you run into any issues following these steps and I'll be here to help further. I'm sorry again for the trouble that the issue is causing, I know that these workaround options aren't ideal and our development team is actively working on a permanent fix.

-Dave

• cfireborn
    cfireborn
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having this issue- opening a new tab and switching me away from my work is driving me insane

• Dave_1P
    Options

@cfireborn

I'm sorry that your work is being interrupted. Does the new tab say "Your session has expired"? If it does then this is a known issue that our developers are looking into.

Have you tried the two options that I listed right above your post? They'll prevent the issue from happening while the team works on a permanent fix. You can find them here.

-Dave

• BettieMage
    BettieMage
    Community Member
    Options

Dave_1P

March 19

edited March 19
    Thank you everyone for providing those details. Our development team is working on a permanent fix for the issue. For the time being, choosing one of these workaround options will prevent the issue from happening:

Is there somewhere that we can follow the bug report/fix status other than to continually check back here and on Reddit?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@BettieMage

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry that you're also running into the same issue. When a fix is released in a future update, my colleagues and I will make sure to update this thread. Alternatively, you'll see the fix noted in our release notes as soon as it is available if you'd prefer to check that way:

For the time being, have you tried the workarounds that I described earlier in this thread? You can find them here.

-Dave