Safari stealing focus

Options
2»

Comments

• sciascia
    sciascia
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that. And have just tried updating 1Password to 8.10.23 (81023003) but still see the issue - using 1Password in Chrome brings Safari to the front.

• @sciascia

Hopefully this can be fixed in a future update soon. If our developers request any other information from you end, we'll reach out. 🙂

-Dave

• Michael Mercurio
    Michael Mercurio
    Community Member
    Options

Cheers,

I came here after searching for a solution to the same or similar issue.

In my case:

• macOS 13.6.3
    • Safari version: 17.2.1
    • 1Password app version: 8.10.24
    • 1Password for Safari extension version: 2.20.0

Description of issue:

Whenever I lock or unlock 1Password app and Safari is running in the background (i.e., Safari is running and does not have focus) Safari automatically comes to the foreground and steals focus.

When unchecking "Integrate this extension with the 1Password desktop app" in the extension settings, this issue continues to occur. If the 1Password Safari extension is disabled this does not occur.

Update:

After updating to the latest version of Safari (17.3.1) and the latest version of 1Password app (version 8.10.26), this appears to be fixed for me!!! 👏 👏 👏

• Hi @Michael Mercurio

Thank you for the update, I'm glad things are back on track.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

• 1pwsup0815
    1pwsup0815
    Community Member
    Options

macOS 14.4 (M1)
    Safari version: 17.4
    1Password app version: 8.10.28

Never used browser integration and lived with the annoying focus problem. Newest versions didnt fix the problem for me.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello, @1pwsup0815. Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the focus problem you're running into.

If you don't use 1Password for Safari, it sounds like you may be encountering a separate issue. I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com with additional information so that our support team can help you.

With your email please include:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further.

-Evon