Unlocking in Safari either doesn't work or experiences long delay

Options

I see that in other posts, this issue has been attributed to the use of profiles. I don't know if that is true. I have previously removed the extension, restarted, etc. and it might work for a bit, but then stop. It also seems that using "Open and fill" from 1Password app does not work—it opens the proper URL but does not fill. Likewise "open 1password" in the browser toolbar does not work (and 1Password shows as locked).

Super-frustrating.

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: 14.4.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• JohnU
    JohnU
    Community Member
    Options

I am a new user of 1Password, and I have the same problem. I don't use profiles in Safari. The extension works for a while after I restart Safari, but after I visit a few sites the extension no longer autofills or recognizes a site for which I have stored credentials in 1Password. I can quit Safari and then when I restart Safari, it works fine again for a while.

1Password version: 8.10.28
    Extension version: 2.22.1
    OS version: 13.6.3
    Browser: Safari

I have the same problem on my MacBook Air, with OS 14.4.1.

Yes, super-frustrating.

• Hey @kongjie@mac.com, @JohnU,

I'm sorry for the troubles you are having with 1Password in Safari. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• JohnU
    JohnU
    Community Member
    Options

This thread has been assigned Support ID IUC-96266-538.

• kongjie@mac.com
    kongjie@mac.com
    Community Member
    Options

I will follow up with console log etc. but of course right now it's working for the first time in weeks.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@JohnU

Thank you, one of my colleagues will reach out to you soon via email. Please continue the conversation there.

@kongjie@mac.com

The team will keep an eye out for your email when you do send it. I'm happy that things are working for now. 🙂

-Dave

ref: IUC-96266-538

• JohnU
    JohnU
    Community Member
    Options

1Password staff have worked with me and isolated the apparent problem: autofill in Safari. I had some autofill options enabled, though I never store passwords in Safari and use the autofill options very rarely. Turning off autofill has solved nearly all of the challenges. Thank you, 1Password!

• kongjie@mac.com
    kongjie@mac.com
    Community Member
    Options

My support ticket ID is FNI-92852-359.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@JohnU

I'm happy that the team was able to help.

@kongjie@mac.com

Thank you for posting the Support ID, one of my colleagues will reply to you soon. Please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: FNI-92852-359