Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password chrome extension keeps getting locked because an update is available.

Comments

• benze
    benze
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I am still seeing the same behaviour in Edge however. Is the Edge extension not updated to support the same behaviour as the one for Chrome? I am running the 1P Extension version 2.21.0 in Edge 123.0.2420.53.

Thanks!

• benze
    benze
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Anything new on this? Again today with the latest Edge available it has come up.

It is quite disruptive in the workflow; restarting Edge is not always seamless, and can sometimes cause loss of data if a webpage is burried in the background with unsaved data.

Is there an ETA for a fix to be available for Edge as well?

Thanks,
    Eric

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @benze! 👋

Thanks for the ping, I'm sorry that your post was missed earlier. I'm not seeing other recent reports from Microsoft Edge users so I'd like to learn a little more about the situation. So that I can look into this further, can you send me the following the next time that you see the message:

Attach both files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• benze
    benze
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P WIth the latest update available for Edge, I see the issue again.

Support files emailed as requested. Please see: Your support ticket ID is RYU-58717-823.

Thanks,

Eric

• ag_tommy
    Options

@benze

I appreciate you sending it. Someone from the team will get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: RYU-58717-823

• benze
    benze
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P My original post regarding Edge experiencing the same problems was split to a different thread (https://1password.community/discussion/145196/message-microsoft-edge-has-an-update-available) but then locked for additional comments.

I'm not sure why it was locked, nor if there has been any additional efforts to identify the problems with Edge.

Can you let me know if there has been any investigations into the issue, or even if it has been backlogged?

Thanks,

Eric

• Dave_1P
    edited April 18
    Options

@benze

Thanks for the ping. The other thread is specifically for an issue with Chrome's update process that has been fixed in the latest versions of 1Password. I split your comment into a new thread since you're reporting an issue in Edge that might be distinct from the old issue in Chrome and I want to save folks in that thread, who aren't using Edge, the notifications on each new reply.

I see that your support ticket is open and that one of my colleagues has reached out to our development team to investigate this further. Keep an eye on your inbox, you'll receive a reply as soon as possible.

I'll keep this thread open in case others report the same issue so that we can keep the discussion in one place. 🙂

-Dave