Edit view pop-up randomly when opening 1Password

Options
xkww3n
xkww3n
Community Member
edited April 15 in iOS

Sometimes I open 1Password iOS app without fully exiting it by swiping it out from Recent Apps before, an Edit Item view for a certain unrelated item will pop-up.

1Password Version: 8.10.28
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: 17.4.1
_Browser:
Not Provided

Comments

• 1passuser123
    1passuser123
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here, very annoying as it happens very often. Hope this can get resolved :)

1Password version: 8.10.28
    iPhone 12 mini - iOS 17.4.1

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @xkww3n and @1passuser123! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing the edit view for an item pop up when opening 1Password for iOS. Our developers are aware of the issue and are investigating. We can also reproduce the issue on our end so there's no need for any additional information for now.

I've let the team know that you're both affected so that they're aware. Hopefully this will be fixed soon in a future update to 1Password.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28645

• jkawslaj
    jkawslaj
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. I am just getting started with 1Password and have one recurring pop-up. It only has been happening on my iPad, not when I open the app on my phone.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jkawslaj

I'm sorry that you're also seeing the issue. Are you force closing 1Password and then opening it before the issue occurs? Or does it just occur randomly when opening 1Password on your iPad? Can you try these steps the next time that you see the issue:

1. Tap Cancel on the item draft that appears.
    2. Wait 2 seconds.
    3. Fully close the 1Password app: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch – Apple Support
    4. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    5. If you see another draft, repeat steps 1-4 again.

Let me know if that helps.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28645
    ref: dev/core/core#28720

• jkawslaj
    jkawslaj
    Community Member
    Options

I tried that and so far, so good. I’ve gone back into 1Password a few times since following those steps and so far, no pop-up. I’ll let you know if that changes. Thank you!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jkawslaj

This is an issue that our developers are looking into and hopefully a fix will be included in a future update soon to avoid the issue entirely. Let me know if you do see the issue again. 🙂

-Dave