What about legacy version 7 for IOS?

Options
ifrroadguy
ifrroadguy
Community Member
edited April 24 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I would like to reinstall version 7 on my iPhone. Where can I obtain a copy?
For reasons unknown to me my login password no longer works and Face ID isn’t working at all.
I’ve tried v8 and don’t like it, and don’t like the subscription model either.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @ifrroadguy! 👋

Thanks for reaching out. With the launch of 1Password 8 for iOS, 1Password 7 for iOS is no longer supported. I encourage you to use the latest version going forward.

Can you tell me a little more about the issue that you're running into with 1Password 8 for iOS? What happens when you try to unlock the app using either your account password or Face ID? Do you see a specific error message? Are you still able to access all of your items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

I would like to reinstall version 7 on my iPhone. Where can I obtain a copy?

If you've previously used 1Password 7 on your iPhone you can redownload it using these steps:

1. Open the App Store app.
    2. Tap the sign-in button or your photo at the top of the screen.
    3. Tap Apps.
    4. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Apps or choose a family member's name to see content that they purchased.
    5. Tap "Not on this [device]."
    6. Find 1Password 7, then tap the download button.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• ifrroadguy
    ifrroadguy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave.
    I have used 1Password for a very long time (v3 or4) on my Mac and iPhones. I use Dropbox to synchronize the app across my devices and found it works well that way. I did not want two cloud storage services and have not used iCloud for 1Password.
    When 1Password added FaceID I enabled it and used it on my iPhones.

I tried tried v8 about a year after it came out but it was buggy and I didn’t like storing my 1Password file on another cloud storage server or paying for another cloud storage service. I went back to v7 and continue to use it today.
    However, about a month ago 1Password no longer recognizes my face and also rejects my login password. I have not knowingly changed my password, and don’t know how I got in this pickle. The app works fine on my MacBook with Touch ID.
    I’ve tried changing the app password on my MacBook and hoping it would sync up with my iPhone but that didn’t work.
    I think my next move is to delete the app on my iPhone and reload it or reinstall it. So this morning I deleted the app from my iPhone but now I cannot reload it from the cloud using the Apple App Store.
    Can you help me find a copy of v7?