How to merge 2 databases into 1

Options
hanswurst
hanswurst
Community Member
edited April 24 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

hi there!

I noticed by chance that I have 2 different 1pw databases on my hard disk.
according to my research, one is from the apple app store version (~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data) and the other is from the non-app store version (~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Data), correct?
now i would like to merge these two in order to use them on my new mini under ventura with the current 1pw v7.9.11.
What is the smartest way to do this?

thank you very much for your help!!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @hanswurst! 👋

Thanks for reaching out. Those looks like the 1Password 6 app's data folders:

• ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/: This is the app data folder for the Mac App Store version of 1Password.
    • ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/: This is the app data folder for the web store version.

current 1pw v7.9.11

1Password 7 for Mac is no longer supported and I recommend that you upgrade to 1Password 8 (the current version) moving forward: Upgrade to 1Password 8

That being said, why are you looking to merge the databases in those different folder from an old version of the 1Password app? Do you know that they contain different sets of your items? What version of 1Password are you currently using? Do you see a complete and correct copy of your items when you open the app on your devices?

-Dave

• hanswurst
    hanswurst
    Community Member
    Options

hello @Dave_1P

let's begin with the last ;-)
    first, never touch a running system and second, i'll never pay a montly fee for any software in my liftime!

so, can you plz help me with my problem and let me know, how i will get them both together???
    the version of the web edition must be 6.8.8 and yes, i see the items.

thx alot and kind regards

• Dave_1P
    edited April 25
    Options

@hanswurst

Thank you for the reply. If you do decide to in try 1Password 8 in the future then we're currently offering very large discounts on 1Password memberships to users who have been using our licensed version of 1Password. It you're interested then send in an email to support+tradein@1password.com

That being said, let's focus on the question that you asked. Since 1Password 6 and 7 are no longer supported I can't provide as much help for these versions as I can for 1Password 8 but I'll help as much as possible. If you see all of your items in the 1Password app then it doesn't sound like you need to do anything. You would only need to move items from one local database to another if you noticed that certain items were missing from your current 1Password app.

If you do notice that certain items are missing then you'll need to reinstall the version of 1Password that uses the database in question, export your items to something like a CSV or 1PIF file, and then import that file into the other version of 1Password. Then you'll need to go through your items and remove duplicates manually. There isn't a way to "merge" databases.

I hope that helps. 🙂

-Dave