Trying to set up a new browser

Options
juliant
juliant
Community Member
edited April 25 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I've decided to try a new browser (Floorp) and have installed the 1Password extension. When I log in it wants account details including a secret key, but I have no idea what this is. I'm running MacOS 10.13.6 with 1Password 6 and those work fine for me. So can someone tell me how I set up my browser extension? Do I need to create an account?

Thanks,

julian

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited April 25
    Options

Hello @juliant! 👋

Thank you for reaching out. 1Password in the browser requires a 1Password membership (which is protected using both your account password and a unique Secret Key) and won't work with older standalone vaults or with 1Password 6.

You can read more about migrating to a membership here: Migrate your standalone vaults from 1Password 6 for Mac to a 1Password account

If you previously purchased a license for 1Password 6, you may be eligible for a large discount on a 1Password membership. It you're interested then send in an email to support+tradein@1password.com so that our billing team can offer you a heavily discounted 1Password membership and help you figure out what version of 1Password will be compatible with the version of macOS that you're currently running.

-Dave