Chrome and 1Password (Autofill and Passkeys)

jkane001
jkane001
Community Member

On Android Chrome, in recent days autofill has stopped working completely. And I can no longer set up Passkeys and have it defer to 1Password, it defaults to the Google Manager.

I've checked settings in the browser, 1Password app, and OS, and all like right to me (though I'm open to suggestions).

Anything I can try?

1Password Version: 1Password for Android 8.10.30 (81030042)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14; Pixel 7 Pro Build/AP1A.240405.002.B1
Browser: Chrome 124.0.6367.114

Comments

• jkane001
    jkane001
    Community Member

I just updated to beta and that fixed the autofill issue, but not the Passkeys issue.

• jkane001
    jkane001
    Community Member

And then again, maybe the beta still doesn't work. Sometimes the suggestions appear, but I cannot get it to actually fill the password. So still something's wrong.

• ShoxJeanz
    ShoxJeanz
    Community Member

I think the Android Chrome team is still implementing the Credential Manager API. Sometimes too with their flags get wonky where they turn it on or off on whim. Hopefully the browser will better support passkeys from both Google password manager and 3rd party password managers. You can find the flag under Chrome://flags, I forget what it is, but search credential management.

• 7elou
    7elou
    Community Member

I think the problem may be that you have a flag enabled in chrome://flags that disables 1password from autofilling. I forgot the flag, nut I had the same problem, and returning it to its default state resolved it.

• ShoxJeanz
    ShoxJeanz
    Community Member

Thank you 👍🏼😊

• I'm happy that Brendan was able to help. 🙂

-Dave

• fisher345
    fisher345
    Community Member

Would there be a way to enable the 3rd party passkeys flag (Android Credential Management for passkeys flag) on Android System WebView? I would also want 1Password passkey suggestions to appear on Google Play Services WebView when trying to sign-in to Google Play Store. Currently it defaults to Google Password Manager passkey popup even after enabling the flag on Chrome Browser.