Why does 1Password insist on asking me to save the login details after loggin in with 1Password!?

Options

1Password is starting to drive me nuts. Every time I login to a website "using" 1Password it then asks me if I want to save the login, even though I just used saved credentials to login! I'm using Google Chrome for Mac.

I've tried disabling the auto-save login thing in the plug-in's settings but it does not seem to remember my preference and still asks me every time I login to a website of even post a web form to save the form.

I'm getting to the point when I'm starting to really dislike 1Password. It never used to be this annoying when I bought it a few years ago but since 1Password 3 was released it's gone downhill.

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there!

I've got a bit of personal experience with this as I was involved in helping find and locate this bug in our extension for Chrome. Could you send me some more information via our support email? I'd like to get a diagnostics report which we don't suggest posting in public forums (may contain license number and name).

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report. They are easy to generate and allow us to take a peek under the hood and see what's happening behind the scenes. To help you create a diagnostics report we have written a guide that you can view here:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12057

Just send the report to support@agilebits.com

If you could put "Attention: Kyle" in the subject I'll keep an eye open for it. Just provide a link to this discussion here so I can quickly remind myself what the issue was :)

• camsoft
    camsoft
    Community Member
    Options

Kyle, email has been sent. Thanks I look forward to hearing from you.

• camsoft
    camsoft
    Community Member
    Options

All sorted. Turned out to be my fault. Had two instances of the 1Password plugin installed in Chrome.

Kyle thanks for your swift response and eagerness to help me. Very happy now!

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My pleasure! Turns out it wasn't the thing I was thinking it was, but that's actually a good thing. Bug regressions are bad.

Just so everyone else who reads this can know. We recently switched to offering the 1Password extension in the Chrome Web Store. This makes installing the extension a lot easier and no funny drag and drop shenanigans needed to install it.

In the process we had to change the id of the extension and to Chrome it has no idea that they're the same extension so it can be installed twice

Camsoft here had both the previous version and the Chrome Web Store version installed. This will slowly work its way out of the system as reinstallation happens and things like that. But if a user does run into this let us know by sending us a support request and we'll make sure everything is fixed up for you.

One gotcha here is that the Beta versions we distribute can also cause this as they are under the old identifier. But for most users this isn't a big deal. I'll have to bring this up with the team and see if we can put together a guide or something to help straighten this out more easily.

This discussion has been closed.