Changing the password hint without changing the Master Password

Options
JimForero
JimForero
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello,

Love this product!

Can I change my 1Password, "password hint", for my password to get into 1Password? Or, do I have to choose a NEW password and if so, can I then (after reassigning a new password) go back and put in my "old' password (current one I have now) and then, put in the correct "hint"?

Sorry, so wordy, hope you know what I mean. It's just that I changed my password, without changing the "hint" and now "the hint" has nothing to do with my password.

Thank You!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your kind words!

You will need to "change your master password" to change the hint, but you can just enter the same master password three times ("current password", "new password", "verify") and just change the hint. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers!

• JimForero
    JimForero
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, but it didn't change my "hint", after re-entering my current password the 3 times (current, new & verify) and putting in my new hint and saving. Went back in and my old hint was still showing.

• JimForero
    JimForero
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, the time on here shows I posted at 12:13pm when it was really, Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 8:13 AM ~ is that something I can fix? haha This of course not as important as my password hint issue.

Thank You!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, but it didn't change my "hint", after re-entering my current password the 3 times (current, new & verify) and putting in my new hint and saving. Went back in and my old hint was still showing.

That's odd. Try changing your master password then and change it back. That should definitely work. The above worked in my testing, but jumping completely through the hoop should do the trick. :)

Oh, the time on here shows I posted at 12:13pm when it was really, Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 8:13 AM ~ is that something I can fix?

AFAIK the time zone is set globally not per user account, so it will always be wrong for somebody no matter what we set it to. There are users from all over the world.

• JimForero
    JimForero
    Community Member
    edited May 2013
    Options

Thank you, when I just now went to do as you instructed, my "actions" (from the other day) I did from you previous message had TAKEN!

So all is good now ~ thanks again! ;)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.