Syncing via Dropbox not working

Options

Mac OS x 10.8.3
1Password Version 3.9.6 (39600.038) from Mac App Store

When I go to Preferences > General
I do not have the option to "Use Dropbox". I'm pretty sure I had originally set up my 1Password on this computer, and enable Dropbox syncing from the go, but I've been having syncing issues with passwords and looked at the preferences today and realized this issue. Please advise? I have a diagnostic report ready to go if necessary. Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Either Dropbox is not installed and running or your Dropbox folder has strayed from Home. To resolve the former, simply install and run Dropbox. Please see this support article for steps to resolve the latter:

Dropbox folder not located in the default location in the Home folder

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us that Diagnostics Report? :)

Attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• michi7
    michi7
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect - thank you very much!
    Problem solved also for me :-)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• McGyverBane
    McGyverBane
    Community Member
    Options

So what happens if like me your DROPBOX is bigger than 1TB? We have business account and our dropbox is HUGE! Its not stored on my HDD on my mac its stored on my external thunderbolt drive. It makes absolutely no sense why 1Password cant be saved to a location on the external thunderbolt drive where I keep dropbox.......is there a workaround for this? If I had known this I wouldnt have purchased 1SC at all off the App Store.....

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Hey McGyverBane

In passing I saw another thread where they mentioned the team was working on a way to address this. no other real details were given so Maybe Khad will pop back in here and give some more.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1Password 3.9 adheres to Apple's sandboxing guidelines which require explicit permission to access files and folders on your disk. 1Password 3.9 has permission to access this exact location:

~/Dropbox

If your Dropbox folder is not located there, 1Password simply cannot access it. At the moment, 1Password 3.9 is only allowed to access the default location of Dropbox. We're working on an update to allow you to grant explicit permission to 1Password to access your Dropbox folder elsewhere, but I don't have a timeframe on this.

If you need a temporary workaround, you can use 1Password 3.8 which does not adhere to Apple's sandboxing guidelines and can thus access your data file from anywhere on your disk regardless of where your Dropbox folder is located.

Since you already purchased 1Password on the Mac App Store, just email us your MAS receipt for a 1Password 3.8 license key:

support@ agilebits .com

You can download 1Password 3.8 from our website:

http://agilebits.com/downloads

Aside from sandboxing, there are not really any substantial differences. Most users never run into this problem as they use the default Dropbox folder location, but in your case "sidegrading" to 3.8 is an option. It is not a downgrade. 1Password 3.8 and 3.9 have been developed in tandem and only have different version numbers for technical reasons.

This discussion has been closed.