Not all Credit Card items are showing up in the extension

Options
24hourpartyperson
24hourpartyperson
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

The Wallet section of my app contains 36 items of various categories. The Wallet section in the extension contains 4 items. These items are not the sole examples of their particular category, so I'm struggling to understand why they appear and no others.

Is there any valid explanation for this? It's been like this for as long as I can remember (ie. several years), but it's only just become a hindrance.

OS X 10.8.2; 1Password Extension 3.9.14; Safari 6.0.2; 1Password (web version) 3.8.20

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Credit Cards.

Only items available for filling in the extension are listed in the extension: Logins, Credit Cards, Identities.

• 24hourpartyperson
    24hourpartyperson
    Community Member
    Options

There are 9 Credit Card items in my Wallet, only 4 show up in the extension.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options
    1. If you add a new Login item in the main 1Password application does it show up in the extension?
    2. If you add a new Credit Card item in the main 1Password application does it show up in the extension?
    3. If you add a new Login item in the extension does it show up in the main 1Password application?
  • 24hourpartyperson
    24hourpartyperson
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Yes, it does. I've never had a problem in this regard.
    2. Yes, it does. I've just tested it.
    3. Yes, it does. I've just tested it.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for confirming that. So items in general are "syncing" between the extension and the main app. That's good. :)

Can you confirm for me that the "Display" value for all the items that are not showing up in the extension is set to "Always"? If it is set to "Never Display in Browser" then it will do exactly that. :)

If you recreate the "problem items" that are not showing up in the extension, do the new versions of them show up? I presume they do, but I just want to make sure.

Are you certain they are Credit Card items and not another type of Wallet item? I'm sure you didn't make a mistake in that regard, but I just want to be absolutely sure since no other Wallet items will show up in the Credit Card category in the extension.

• 24hourpartyperson
    24hourpartyperson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    That turned out to be the problem. Thanks for walking me through it.

To prevent such problems in the future, can I recommend that you cause the "Display: Always/Never" setting to appear when the item is not in edit mode, much in the same way the "Security: High/Low" is shown? At the moment, it's entirely invisible until that mode is entered.

Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

I'll pass your suggestion along to the developers. Thank you for the feedback!

• wrenay2
    wrenay2
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. I have created a new credit card in the app, but it will not sync to the browser (Safari 5.1.9) extension (3.9.14). "Display: Always" is selected.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you save a new Login item via the browser extension (NOT in the main app) does it show up in the main app?

• wrenay2
    wrenay2
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, new logins appear in the app. I have already tried clearing cache and rebuilding data file in the main app. No change. I also noticed that the new credit card mysteriously disappeared after quitting and reopening the app. Reappeared again after another quit/reopen, and then disappeared again/reappeared after quit/open/clearing cache.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wrenay2,

That's a different issue, items shouldn't be going out and in like that. Can you forward us your diagnostic report to support@agilebits.com?

To generate the report, please download our troubleshooting utility by clicking on this link:

http://cdn.agilebits.com/dist/1P/mac/util/1Password Troubleshooting.zip

Once the file is saved, double-click on it to unzip it and then open the extracted file. In the “Diagnostics Report” tab section, click on the "Create Report" button and within a few seconds, a blue file icon should appear, which means it's ready for your use. Press the "Export" button to save the report to your drive and then attach that file to your reply to support@agilebits.com.

Thanks!

• wrenay2
    wrenay2
    Community Member
    Options

I am running OS 10.6.8, so that utility doesn't work for me. Is there another link for my OS?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wrenay2,

In that case, open the main 1Password app, go to the Help Menu > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. From there, press the Create Report button and export it to your desktop, then send it to support@agilebits.com.

Thanks!

• wrenay2
    wrenay2
    Community Member
    Options

Mike,
    I ran the report and forwarded it to support. Also, I followed the suggestions on the report and removed SIMBL bundles. Now the credit card shows up in Safari extension. Hopefully this has at least solved the app/ext sync problem.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wrenay2,

That's great news. Please do let us know if it changes.

This discussion has been closed.