Not filling in username/password in Firefox

Options

Good Morning,

I just did a fresh install of Firefox (on the release channel: 20.0), and installed the 1Password addon.
I've tried both the normal and beta versions, but neither seem to insert the username/password when I select them.
Pressing ⌘ \ brings up the window, and I can select a username/password, but regardless of the site, it's never inserted.

Any thoughts would be welcomed.

-CPD

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi CPD!

Do you have any other extensions installed?

Particularly any extensions that enable/disable Javascript? The infamous NoScript is one of the more well known extensions.

If so, disable NoScript (or similar) and try again. We actually need to execute Javascript inside the page in order to fill, if that is disabled then we cannot fill unless you give the site permission to run Javascript.

• e1ven
    Options

I use the Disconnect, Adblock Plus, HTTPS Everywhere and Evernote Clipper plugins.
    I had suspected a interop issue with them as well, but the problem seems to occur even when them all disabled, and firefox restarted.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    -CPD

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Nothing happens when you select the Login item from the extension popup or just via the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut?

Can you confirm that JavaScript is enabled on the Content pane in Firefox's preferences?

Does the issue still occur in a brand new Firefox profile?

• e1ven
    edited May 2013
    Options

I figured I'd let you know where I was, and update anyone else who runs into the same issue.

Good idea regarding Command \ versus the button! Unfortunately, both seem to exhibit the same behavior.
    JS is enabled.

The new profile idea was brilliant! But alas, even with a new profile, and 1Password as the only extension, it doesn't fill in.. ;(
    Reinstalling the extension in the current profile didn't fix it, in either the regular, or beta channel.

It does work on my MBA, so I'm sure it's something related to this env.

I decided to nuke it from orbit, and start fresh-

rm -rf Library/Application\ Support/Firefox

rm -rf Library/Application\ Support/Mozilla

rm -rf /Applications/Firefox.app/

Downloaded installed Firefox from the main site, received 20.0.
    Installed 1Password (1.9.14), worked properly! Woot!

Went to About Firefox, and it automatically upgraded to 21.0
    Restarted Firefox, and it no longer inserts passwords.

No other addons installed, Firefox sync is not enabled.

Uninstalled 1Password extension. Restarted Firefox.
    Installed 1Password beta extension (1.9.15.b1)

Seems to work properly now.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Do you mean 3.9.14 and 3.9.15.b1? It sounds like whatever problem you were experiencing is fixed in the current beta version of the 1Password Firefox extension. That is, of course, great news. Please let me know if you have any further trouble. :)

• e1ven
    Options

Yes, I seem to have transposed the 3.9 with 1.9, Sorry about that.
    In any event, yes, the beta version does seem to resolve things now.

I'm not sure why it wasn't working before, or why it's needed, but I'll take it ;)

Thanks for the help.
    -CPD

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.