"+" button not working

Options
willyjp
willyjp
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

1PW seems to be working fine on my Mac, but I encountered a problem that I see occasionally: a log-in page is not recognized and 1PW doesn't prompt me to save the log-in. So I tried the "+" button and nothing happens. So now I have tried the "+" button on several websites where I already have log-ins saved and they're working fine. Pressing "+" does NOT do anything....it should offer me the opportunity to manually create a new log-in, right?

Comments

• willyjp
    willyjp
    Community Member
    Options

Correction and addition: it may be that I'm not at the correct stage to have the "+" button respond on SOME websites. But there is no question that I have a "+" button that won't respond even when everything is done correctly on at least one web site. It's a car dealer's service appointment site, fwiw: http://www.herzog-meiervw.com/ServiceApptForm

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013
    Options

Pressing the + button to manually save a Login item will record all the data you have entered in the form fields. If you haven't entered any data in the form fields on the page then there is nothing that can be saved. Make sure you fill out the form first. Here are the complete steps:

1. Visit the site's login page.
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

As for the Herzog-Meier Volkswagen website, it is using Flash which precludes 1Password or any form filler from working.

1Password is unable to save and restore Logins for sites that use Adobe Flash. As far as we know, no browser password manager anywhere supports Flash-based sites because Flash is a proprietary solution. At this time, Adobe does not offer interface tools for developers to plug into Flash in the way that 1Password and other form fillers require.

After working with a Flash consultant and reviewing the latest APIs provided by Adobe we found it is still not possible unless websites modify their code to allow it.

Most websites realize the problems with using Flash and provide a standard HTML login page as well. If you cannot find one, the only workaround is to save the username and password in 1Password, then open the 1Password extension when you visit the site, click the right arrow, and copy and paste your password.

This is outlined in the User Guide.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.