1Password 3.8.21 Upgrade Issue

Options
davyid24
davyid24
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Couldn't find a "Support" subforum, so I am assuming this is where I post this issue.

I've tried updating my version of 1Password to the current 3.8.21 version, but ran into the following problem:
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1199/screenshot20130601at510.png

I've clicked on "Try Again" and also tried downloading from the alternate source, but keep running into problems during the extract process.
I'm assuming the problem stems from the fact that I missed the previous 35 releases.

I would greatly appreciate some help from AgileBits!!
Thank you!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. Please try downloading a fresh copy of 1Password directly from our website:

1. Visit the 1Password download page:
      http://agilebits.com/downloads
    2. Click on the "Download Now" button under "1Password 3"
    3. Quit your web browser and 1Password, if it's running
    4. Drag the newly downloaded version of 1Password to the same location as any previous one -- replacing it

Your information is stored in a data file separate from the application, so it will not be harmed by this procedure.

Please let me know how it goes.

• davyid24
    davyid24
    Community Member
    Options

That absolutely solved the problem. I really appreciate your quick response and help, Khad!
    Your instructions were spot-on as well.

Thank you! :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

There was an update a while ago — though I can recall the specific version offhand – which required an update to the autoupdater. If you skipped that update it would be possible to jump from such an old version to the current version. My guess is that that is what you were experiencing. Please be sure that automatic updates are enabled so you don't fall so far behind again. :D

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.