Firefox browser extension not working

Options

I made the huge mistake of upgrading my IOS to v4 of 1Password (why a company would release part of an integrated solution is beyond me). Then I went though the pain of trying to sync with Dropbox (since they took the wifi sync away.). Since doing that, my browser extension has no login credentials for any of my sites. The sites are there, be no username or password. I'm using 3.9.16. Very frustrated. Help!
Craig

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

1Password 4 for iOS isn't part of an integrated solution. It is a standalone app. Many people only use 1Password on iOS devices. Dropbox syncing is not related in any way to the Firefox extension.

Let's step back from the Firefox extension for a moment. Is all your data showing in the main 1Password application?

We'll get this resolved for you pretty easily. Thanks!

• forbescw
    forbescw
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it is. And I sort of resolved this by deleting the Firefox profile file listed in the release notes.

I'm not sure how you can say 1Password is not integrated. For those of us that have been using 1Password for many years, it has been a must-have application. And when it started being available on multiple platforms, it was used as an INTEGRATED solution across the platform space. I have had no problems using it across platforms until I upgraded the IOS version. Then, do to syncronization, things started going really bad. I now have no credit card information on my 1Password app on my Mac (the info shows up on IOS). There are entries for each credit card on the Mac app, but no data.

• forbescw
    forbescw
    Community Member
    Options

I should also add, I can't edit the credit cards in 1P-Mac. When I do, and hit save, nothing I've entered is saved.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1Password syncs via Dropbox across all supported platforms and versions, but each app can be used independent of the other.

It sounds like a possible permissions issue which may have nothing at all to do with 1Password 4 for iOS. Correlation does not indicate causation. We'll have a much better idea what is happening if you email us a Diagnostics Report, though.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• forbescw
    forbescw
    Community Member
    Options

I did everything you asked 4 days ago. So far no response (I did get a form letter say you guys were busy). I have data loss and no support. Not cool!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm incredibly sorry for the delay, @forbescw. Our support system places items in the queue based on the time of the most recent reply, so each follow up email you sent kept bumping your ticket to the end of the queue. Normally it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but with the current sale and recent release of a newsletter, our inbox has grown exponentially. It's not an ideal system, and I am not intending to make excuses, but I just want to confirm that I have located your ticket in the system and have escalated it. We'll continue to work with you via email (with much faster responses from here on out) until everything is resolved.

GSS-43625-248

This discussion has been closed.