Missing Categories in Vault and Dropbox, compared to iOS Versions

Options

Hi.
I have Mac OS X 3.96 MAS, iPad 4.2.1 & iPhone 4.2.1. Use Dropbox quite happily to synch between them all, but...

There are a lot more categories available in the iOS versions than the OS X version. I am assuming that this is a version 4 'v' 3 issue but would appreciate clarification please. I have looked but not found anything specific (but have added comments to a couple of related topics today as I've browsed).

The specific categories I have a query about are a) Passports b) Memberships and c) Driver Licenses. Because those are the three that I've added items to in iOS. They most definitely do synch between the two iOS devices.

They do NOT synch to the OS X application. Neither are they visible in the 1Password Anywhere viewer in Dropbox. Which makes my intended 'work around' something else entirely. Like, Not...

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are absolutely correct. It is a bit confusing right now before 1Password 4 for Mac launches and brings "category parity" with 1Password 4 for iOS.

All your data is there, though. I assure you. It is just categorized differently. Passport and Membership items are in the Wallet vault in 1Password 3 for Mac.

• kdcnz
    kdcnz
    Community Member
    Options

I wish it was that simple. I had realised prior to reading your reply (thanks) that I can add those items in those categories under 'Wallet' on OS X and have verified that if I do so, they replicate to iOS via Dropbox, but the iOS created items in those categories do not replicate back to OS X.

LATER: I then updated both the OS X created item and an iOS created item on an iOS device. Both changes were replicated back on OS X - and more to the point, the other iOS created items also replicated back to OS X, under Wallet. To clarify; under Wallet, I had created 3 credit cards on OS X weeks ago and they happily replicated to the iOS devices. A few days ago, I created a Passport, a Drivers License and a Membership item on one iOS device, which replicated to the other iOS device. They did not replicate to the OS X Mac or Dropbox.

So, I restate the issue: If an item in a category that is 'stand alone' on iOS but is under 'Wallet' on OS X is created on an iOS device _and none of those categories have been created on OS X _, then no synchronisation occurs . Actually it must happen, but is hidden. I know this because the items are seen and updated on my two iOS devices. Just not seen on the Mac and in Dropbox. Hopefully a minor bug that will be fixed in Version 4 on OS X.

Another side issue: The Category icons in Dropbox do not match 1Password. Dropbox Logins is a globe, Accounts is a keyhole. 1Password Logins is a keyhole, Accounts is a filing cabinet.

• kdcnz
    kdcnz
    Community Member
    Options

Further to this - and I am slightly irritated by all this :-?

1. In Dropbox under 'Wallets'.

a. My Driver's Licence is visible with 12 fields that are custom and defined via iOS 1P as well as default field values (Number & Country).

b. My Passport shows no fields. There are no custom fields defined, I've just used default fields.

c. My Membership shows no fields. It has default fields and a note as well as custom fields.

d. None of the three credit cards display any information.

2. In Dropbox under 'Identities'.

a. No data is shown for my identity items. If I create one on OS X, it displays in Dropbox. I surmise that I created others on iOS. I then updated original identity on OS X. Changes did not display in Dropbox. I then changed the newly created (on OS X) identity va an iOS device. Now, no data is shown in Dropbox for that identity. Then I changed the same identity on OS X. It still does not display in Dropbox, but does replicate to iOS.

3. In OS X under 'Wallets'.

a. My Driver's Licence only displays the two default field values (Number & Country) that I've entered. The 12 custom fields do not show. Is this going to be implemented in version 4?

b. My Membership only shows the default fields and no custom fields that I created in iOS. Version 4 fix again?

In summary: It appears that if an item is created in OS X, it is displayed in Dropbox. And in iOS. If an item is changed or created in iOS, it is not displayed in Dropbox. Custom fields created in iOS do not replicate to OS X (version 4 fix?) either.

• kdcnz
    kdcnz
    Community Member
    Options

Adding to this:

Added an Outdoor License on Mac OS X. I wanted to add a 'License Number' field which is not a default field. So I did this in 1P iOS, adding a new field. This field did not replicate back to OS X. As expected (from above issues).

So I tested adding a new Section for this item on 1P iOS. I then added my 'License Number' field to this Section. The result of this is that the item just disappeared from 1P OS X. WTF? So I deleted the new Section in 1P iOS and the item (magically) appeared back in Mac 1P OS X. Weird...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Custom fields are a v4 feature. 1Password 4 has only been released on iOS so far. 1Password 4 for Mac is being worked on as I type this.

This discussion has been closed.