Trouble with bankofamerica.com Login

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Extension not working in Firefox 20.

Comments

• bankofapple
    bankofapple
    Community Member
    edited April 2013
    Options

my mac has same problem. FF:20.0, Mac: 10.8.3. after FF upgrades to 20.0, 1password dosn't work anymore. it can't fill in my bankofamerica account, and many other websites. each time, i hv to manually copy and paste the password to bankofamerica website.

that's why i have to register in this forum, and was forced to generate an extremely powerful enough forum password before i can submit my 1Password bug report!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving a new Login manually like this:

1. Visit the site's login page: https://www.bankofamerica.com/
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Add your password in the password field before saving the Login item since the password field is on the second page of the login process and 1Password therefore did not have a chance to populate it based on the data you filled on the first page.
    5. Step three is important, so please don't skip it. :)
    6. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    7. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

That is what I just did for my own Bank of America Login item and it works like a charm. Please let me know how it goes for you.

that's why i have to register in this forum, and was forced to generate an extremely powerful enough forum password before i can submit my 1Password bug report!

You can also contact us privately via email at any time rather than here on our public community forum. We are available to help in whatever support channel you prefer: support@ agilebits .com

• pekala
    pekala
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but I've been trying this for an hour and it's not working. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? This is getting very frustrating. I'm using Safari.

(1) I deleted my "Online ID" from Bank of America
    (2) I go to the first page and input that Online Id
    (3) I do not "submit" the form
    (4) I click on the "+" in the 1Password button
    (5) I add my password -- do you mean what Bank of America calls the "passcode" and asks for on the next page?
    (6) Save the item.

When I try to log in, basically nothing happens. I get to the second page, where it asks for the passcode, and nothing happens.

Help!! (Also, half the time that I ask 1Password to create a password, the password and the "re-type password" don't match! Arrrgggghhhh!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You have to fill the Login on the second page too. Press Command-\ on your keyboard on the first page to fill and submit the username. Then on the second page press Command-\ to fill in the password or passcode or whatever they call it. :)

• pekala
    pekala
    Community Member
    Options

I can get it to log-in by double-clicking on the web-page name on that small dialogue box that pops up when I click on the 1Password key in my browser toolbar. Is there an easy way to convert that from needing a double-click to doing it by itself??

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You don't need to double-click. Just select the Login from the list with a single click or press ⌘\ on your keyboard as I mentioned above which is a very speedy way to log in. For your protection, 1Password will never fill a password without an explicit command from you.

This discussion has been closed.