Can't select import file type

Options

1Password will not let me import a data.1pif file from my Mac Pro to update 1Password on my Macbook. The reason given "file type not selected." When I start the import process I get a dialog from 1PAssword asking for the file type (as selected from a pulldown list) but the pulldown has no choices to select- it does not drop down to reveal any file type choices. How can I import a data.1pif file into 1Password?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? Here is my own as an example:

If you aren't seeing that list, can you confirm for me that you are using 1Password 3.8 (the version from our website)?

• regle
    regle
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. 3.8.21 (build 32009)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013
    Options

@regle, can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? My own is directly above your post as an example.

It sounds like your 1Password 3.8 installation may be damaged. To resolve this:

1. Visit the 1Password download page:
      http://agilebits.com/downloads
    2. Click on the "Download Now" button under "1Password 3"
    3. Quit your web browser and 1Password, if it's running
    4. Drag the newly downloaded version of 1Password to the same location as any previous one -- replacing it

Your information is stored in a data file separate from the application, so it will not be harmed by this procedure.

Please let me know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.