Chrome - Double extensions show up due to chrome sync between mac and pc

Options

Windows 1.0.9.332, Chrome PC extension 3.9.17.90, I don't have the mac versions handy, but they are current as of this date. Chrome version 27.0.1453.94 m

With these versions and Chrome synced, if you install on Mac Chrome, switch to a PC it won't "see" the extension and you have to load up the PC version...
Then 2 icons show up, and both versions of the extensions get synced up between both the mac and pc. One of them gives the "Connecting" window, the other works as expected.

If on the PC you delete the Mac labeled extension, the icon goes away on the PC, and when you boot up the Mac, it's now screwed up as the PC was, and you have to install the Mac extensions there... Rinse repeat.

I would hazard a guess it's due to the different labels on the extensions between the Mac and PC, so chrome thinks they are "different" and tries to load them both up regardless of the operating system.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It sounds like you might have two different versions of the extension installed. There was a version outside the Chrome Web Store, and recently the extension has been made available on the Chrome Web Store. Remove both extensions and make sure they are gone from both/all machines. Then reinstall the extension on one machine. It should sync to the other. It is the exact same identical extension for Mac and Windows.

Let me know how it goes.

• jj3
    jj3
    Community Member
    Options

That fixed the issue, thank you!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.