Dropbox password location confusion with multiple systems

Options

Hi,

I've got 1Password installed and working with Dropbox storing the credentials in Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain on my home Mac, iPhone and iPad.

I've recently also installed 1Password on my work mac and it's using Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain as it's data store, and the passwords are diverging.

How can I ensure that all my instances of 1Password are using the same instance of the data store please? I can't seem to configure my new installation of 1Password to use the existing Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain path.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In Finder on your work Mac, double-click the correct data file in your Dropbox folder. From what you write it sounds like that would be:

~/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain

If you want/need to you can export any/all data from your work data file first. Select File > Export… from the menu bar and choose "1Password Interchange File". Then import that data into the other data file once you have opened it by double-clicking it in Finder.

Please be aware that the 1PIF information is not encrypted and should be handled with care while in transit and securely deleted once the information is safely imported into an encrypted 1Password data file.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• noah256
    noah256
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similar problem. Double clicking the original keychain file creates a copy in /Users/username/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Documents/1Password.agilekeychain. Opening the keychain in dropbox again offers me a dialog where I can replace or merge my data with the selected file, but it doesn't start using the keychain in my dropbox root. If I click the "Use Dropbox" button in the preferences pane, it recreates the Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain.

I am using 1password from the app store on both macs, both are running OSX 10.8. Any suggestions?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013
    Options

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.