Password History not syncing

Options

I have 1Password on my Mac at home and PC at work syncing through Dropbox, which is working just fine for my logins. However, nothing from my password history is being synced across - if I generate a password on my PC I can find the history on the PC, but won't find it on my Mac, and the reverse is true as well. I assumed that this history was supposed to sync the same as logins, and when doing a quick look through docs and a search I didn't find anything that indicates it won't. Is there some setting I'm missing, or is this feature not there?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It definitely should be syncing. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of things for you, @Darrell. Just to be clear, are you referring to the password history within a Login item or the separate Generated Password items which show up in their own category (Mac: Preferences > General > Display in Sidebar > Generated Passwords; Windows: View > Generated Passwords)?

• Darrell
    Darrell
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like it may have been a problem with the 1Password Helper. After seeing the issue and posting this, I went back to my Windows machine and saw that on my Mac, I was also missing a Login that I created in Windows. I then restarted the helper and saw the login update to my Mac. I just checked now, and see that the generated passwords are synced. Does that make sense? Would an issue with the 1Password Helper app cause syncing to go haywire? I though it was only for communicating back and forth between the main app and a browser extension.

Anyway, seems to all be working now. I'll keep an eye out to see if I have the problem anymore.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The Helper controls the data transfer between the browser extension and the main app. If you created a new Login in the extension but the Helper was not running (or its connection to the main app was being blocked by something else on your system) then it wouldn't have been in your data file and thus Dropbox would have not been able to sync it.

Please do let me know if you have any further trouble, though. We would be happy to get to the bottom of it. :)

This discussion has been closed.