Dropbox synch not working properly

Options
waldhaus1
waldhaus1
Community Member
edited August 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I use 1 password on two laptops and a desktop and from time to time find that the agile bits file gets out of synch. I notice that because a newly added password will be missing on one platform. I am running the latest version of 1Password from the mac app store and all computers have the latest updates to mountain lion. The two laptops have file vault enabled. The versions of dropbox were slightly out of synch - but all version 2.x for the mac. The 1password folder is in the root dropbox directory and dropbox is in my user home folder.

I note that the agile bits file is apparently a package rather than a single folder.

Should I enable file vault on the desktop?

Are there ways to force a synch.

Because the folders are listed differently on the dropbox web site than on the macs it is difficult to tell the status of the web folder. The desktop folders do have different dates for latest modification.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @waldhaus1,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us Diagnostics Reports from each Mac?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• waldhaus1
    waldhaus1
    Community Member
    Options

I have sent info as requested. In the meantime I decided to add filevault to the desktop as well. I added the recovery code to 1P on the desktop. Whether it was modifying the out of synch file or adding file vault the files all appear to be in synch now. (adding file vault also involves restarting the system.)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

FileVault should not be related in any way, but I'm glad things are working well. Please let me know if you have any other trouble! :)

This discussion has been closed.