Using 1Password for Windows with Adobe Flash-based login forms

Options
lwmcmahon
lwmcmahon
Community Member
edited September 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

http://www.davisstreetfishmarket.com/fdp.html

The login for this site is not recognized. Asking 1P to fill in the PW does not work nor does 1P prompt to save the login.

Larry

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Unfortunately, that site is using Adobe Flash for the login form. 1Password is unable to save and restore Logins for sites that use Adobe Flash. As far as we know, no browser password manager anywhere supports Flash-based sites because Flash is a proprietary solution. At this time, Adobe does not offer interface tools for developers to plug into Flash in the way that 1Password and other form fillers require.

After working with a Flash consultant and reviewing the latest APIs provided by Adobe we found it is still not possible unless websites modify their code to allow it.

Most websites realize the problems with using Flash and provide a standard HTML login page as well. If you cannot find one, the workaround is the same as the workaround for your other issue in IE: Auto-Type.

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I will read about Auto-Type again, but I don't understand how this works. Most of what I'm adding to 1P works fine, but I'm compiling a list of troublemakers. The latest is Apple's iCloud. If you have some tips on when & how to use Auto-Type that would be good. I'm also having a bit of trouble getting to the point were 1P submits the logging rather than me needing to press the button, but I'm not sure it is a bad thing to press enter manually.
    Larry

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Generally, you don't need to use Auto-Type, but it is required for Flash-based login forms where nothing else can fill them.

I'm also having a bit of trouble getting to the point were 1P submits the logging rather than me needing to press the button…

Can you confirm for me that you have not disabled autosubmit?

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

That works fine to auto press the submit button. Thanks.

I noticed that this does not work for WHM or CPANEL login at my webhosting company.

I need to learn how to make these work as I have a few of them now.

Larry

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If they are using HTTP authentication then you will need to use Auto-Type there as well:

HTTP Authentication Prompts

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

So now I've learned how to use Auto-Type with a few sites. Still some that I can't make work like iCloud or that cleanplageclub.

I tried to use it on my PC with Quicken. There is no userid, just a PW to permit DB access. Unless I type an ID into the 1P loign record Aut-Type is disabled & not selectable. maybe I can put the pw in the uisername field? will try that...

Larry

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    So I put the password in the username and password field in 1P and I can use Auto-Type to get into my quicken DB on my PC.
    Larry

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Unless I type an ID into the 1P loign record Auto-Type is disabled & not selectable

In addition to the Auto-Type button on the toolbar, there are auto-type buttons per field in the details area below your list of items.

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

So I could tell 1P to autotype only the password. That icon is pretty tiny. I would not have found it on my own!
    Thanks,
    Larry

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Stefan, you are quite welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.