Upgrading to 1P4 for Mac

Options

I've been using 1P since 2009, having purchased it through the Agilebits website. When 1P4 is finally released will I need to upgrade/purchase through the MAS or through Agilebits website? I'm currently a beta tester for 1P4 and liking it.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Apple doesn't allow upgrade pricing on the App Store(s), but upgrade pricing will be available for existing customers on our own store. :)

I don't have any pricing details at this time, but we have always provided pretty fair pricing if I do say so myself. Thanks for your kind words about 1Password 4.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• subwarez
    subwarez
    Community Member
    Options

I'm in the same use case, I'm a 3.8.21 user and I'm quite lost... I would like to know if it is better to get the MAS version (which is quite expensive) or wait the Agilebits website version and use the discount upgrade?
    If I well understand there is some differences in the MAS version 3.9 (sandboxing, fullscreen and icloud features) compared to the Agilebits website version? Those differences will remain with 1P4?

One more question: I have also 1P3 (basic and pro versions) for iOS, those versions seems to be no more available on the store so I guess that no more updates will come, they will be compliant with the 1P4 for OSX or should I upgrade to 1P4 iOS?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

At this point the only way to "pre-purchase" a 1Password 4 for Mac upgrade would be to purchase 1Password 3 for Mac on the Mac App Store. Since there is no sale going on at the time of this writing, that would be a very expensive "upgrade" price. 1Password 4 for Mac has not been released, so there is not yet an upgrade path. However, when it is released you will receive upgrade pricing as an existing 1Password 3 for Mac user.

If I well understand there is some differences in the MAS version 3.9 (sandboxing, fullscreen and icloud features) compared to the Agilebits website version?

The only real difference between the current 3.8 (direct) and 3.9 (MAS) versions are sandboxing. Both have a fullscreen option. iCloud syncing is not a feature in 1Password 3 for Mac regardless of distribution channel.

Those differences will remain with 1P4?

Unless Apple changes the rules, iCloud syncing is only available to App Store apps, so that would be one reason you may want to purchase 1Password 4 for Mac on the Mac App Store. But now is probably not the best time to do so since, as I mentioned above, there is no sale right now. I can't make any promises, but there has never been a major release of 1Password that didn't include a tremendous sale. :)

One more question: I have also 1P3 (basic and pro versions) for iOS, those versions seems to be no more available on the store so I guess that no more updates will come, they will be compliant with the 1P4 for OSX or should I upgrade to 1P4 iOS?

If you are using Dropbox syncing in 1Password 3 for iOS, you will need to either switch to Wi-Fi syncing or upgrade to 1Password 4 for iOS before September. Complete details are in our blog post:

If you use 1Password 3 for iOS and Dropbox sync, take action by September 1

If you need to download the old 1Password 3 for iOS app that you previously purchased for some reason, you can still do so from the Purchases section in the App Store. The exact steps are outlined in the FAQ:

I can’t find 1Password 3 for my older iOS devices, how do I download it?

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• dixie44
    dixie44
    Community Member
    Options

i just noticed that 1P4 is now available on the Apple App Store. What about those of us (especially ME) that originally bought the license through the AgileBits website? I thought there was going to be an upgrade discount for us.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dixie44,

Thanks for checking in on us - today is (finally) the big day! Yes, 1Password 4 for Mac is available in the Mac App Store. We're working hard to get our website store up and running, and there is indeed a discount for you! As we've posted in our blog, current users will get $10 off of our regular upgrade price, which means you can snag 1Password 4 for $24.99 instead of $34.99.

We'll certainly be posting as soon as we get the website store up, so stay tuned!!

• dixie44
    dixie44
    Community Member
    Options

So, I just bought 1P4 (at a discount, Thank You!); but when I tried to put my license in something weird is going on. From iPassword4>License… I get the following window http://cl.ly/image/1j3E033j0G2s. Then when I click on "Add License…" I get the following and I don't know what to do at this point http://cl.ly/image/2E05071I2F23

• deadguy
    deadguy
    Community Member
    Options

I think they're going to send those to us. From the store's upgrade license page (https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade?product_id=108):

If you purchased 1Password 3 for Mac on, or after January 1, 2013 you are eligible for a free upgrade. Upgrade licenses will be send by email in the next few days. Download the trial version while waiting for your license!

• dixie44
    dixie44
    Community Member
    Options

I figured out. From the Order Complete webpage there's a link License File: Download. When I clicked the Download button a file was downloaded and that is the one to choose form the drop down , once you navigate to the folder the downloaded file was dropped.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dixie44,

Glad to hear you got things sorted out - we're here if you run into any other snags :)

and @deadguy, you're right, we'll get those licenses out just as soon as possible!

This discussion has been closed.