Can't get rid of 1password mini, keeps respawning

Options
Omen
Omen
Community Member

Hi,

I have the AgileBits version 3 of 1P for Mac and Windows. I also own the Apple copy. When I saw the the Mac store had v4, I wanted to upgrade to that. So I deleted 1P v3 app by using Cntl + Quit, which should kill 1p v3 + 1P mini, along with all v3 browser extensions. I then installed 1P v4 and all the v4 extensions. After this, I noticed something strange - I had 2 keys in the top app area. When I took a look at Activity monitor, I saw 1P v4 running along with 2 1P minis. I did the Cntl + Quit 1P v4, and that killed 1P + 1 mini. But the other mini is still there. I tried to Force Quit the 1P mini left overt, but it would just resubmit with a different PID. I've tried various thing to try to find the launch daemon, and I disabled 1P from running at startup, but nothing works. I'm hoping I don't have to completely uninstall 1P v4 (which is a manual process), then reinstall 1P v3 to get rid of this extra 1P mini.

Please advise me what to do.

Thanks....Michael

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Omen. I'm sorry you're having trouble getting rid of multiple 1P minis.

The quickest, easiest way to get this sorted out would be to start with a better understanding of the current 1Password configuration on your system. To do that could you please email us a diagnostics report? Instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but please do include a link to this topic in your email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. After analyzing that report we'll be able to better assist you. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.