Using with Internet Explorer 11

Options

I'm in the proces of testing Windows 8.1 and IE11 for our company and 1Password does not seem to work with IE11 yet. Will there be a beta release for windows before Windows 8.1 goes live so we can test this (and so I can keep using it for my own day-to-day work)?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2013
    Options

In IE11, Enhanced Protected Mode is turned on by default. This disables 1Password.

We do support IE11, but for now you'll need to disable Enhanced Protected Mode. We realize this is something that Microsoft is discouraging, and we're working on a solution.

• mauweilo
    mauweilo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, IE11 for Windows 8.1 continues with the same trouble, do you have a date to solve the problem?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mauweilo please turn off Enhanced Protected Mode, and you should be OK: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Windows/en/FAQs/IE11.html

• HDClown
    HDClown
    Community Member
    Options

I am running 1P 1.0.9.338 on Windows 8.1 Pro with IE11 and Enhanced Protection Mode off.

1P is functioning but it usually takes around 5 seconds from hitting my login keyboard shortcut or the 1P icon in the toolbar until 1P appears (if locked or multiple identifies available) or autofils (if unlocked and only one identify available).

On Windows 7 with IE10, there was no delay like this.

Has this been observed at all internally or by others? It's a wee bit annoying.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HDClown, I'm sorry you're having that problem, but I'm not able to reproduce it on my system (running 8.1, not 8.1 Pro, in case that matters).

Even in a virtual machine allocated very little RAM and only one CPU core, response in IE11 to pressing Ctrl+\ or clicking on the 1Password icon in the toolbar is quite snappy.

Perhaps someone running Windows 8.1 Pro can offer his or her observations.

I'm sorry I don't have a more helpful answer for you at this time.

This discussion has been closed.