iCloud sync issues between Mac 1Password 4 and 1Password 4 for iOS

Options
2»

Comments

• Bitflipped
    Bitflipped
    Community Member
    Options

Add me to this list as well, Mac fine, iPhone fine, iPad "No Data Found". Have tried all the suggestions, iCloud definately working correctly (eg Safari bookmarks, Reminders etc) Have sent Diagnostic Report about a month ago, no reply... waiting patiently but feel a little let down.

• LoriL2
    LoriL2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

When I logged into my Mac this morning there was an update to 1Password for Mac so I updated my version from 4.0.5 to 4.0.7.

I then followed your steps outlined in #27 as you suggested but it didn't work. When I launch 1Password on my iPhone I have the same number of Items as I did before trying these steps (45 items) whereas my 1Password for Mac has (195 items).

Not sure if this matters but:

• I was running 1Password 3 for Mac and successfully syncing via DropBox to my iPhone 1P 4 and iPad 1P 4 before upgrading to 1Password 4 for Mac.

Thanks.
    Lori

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bitflipped,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're working hard to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

If you don't mind, we'd love to see a fresh Diagnostic Report:

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com (The +forum is a handy trick that will allow us to track your email a bit better so you're not waiting in the general queue again!)

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Hi @LoriL2,

I'd love to see a Diagnostic Report from your computer as well. Please follow the instructions above to send it in.

We really appreciate your patience as we work to sort this out!

• LoriL2
    LoriL2
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi @Megan,

I sent the Diagnostics Report from just the Mac. Do you need one from the iPhone too?

Thanks.
    Lori

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi @LoriL2,

Generally the Diagnostics Report from your Mac is going to provide us with a lot more information than the Report we are able to get from your iOS device. However, it certainly can't hurt to cover all our bases in this case. :)

On your iOS device, Open 1Password and go to : Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics

Please change the email address to: support+forum@ agilebits .com before hitting send, and include a few details about your issue, to make it easier for us to connect the dots.

• LoriL2
    LoriL2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

Just sent from iPhone.

Thanks.
    Lori

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LoriL2,

Thanks so much for sending that along! I've already passed the information along to one of our developers. We'll follow up with you directly via email so that things don't get muddled up between here and there. :)

• LoriL2
    LoriL2
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Megan.

• LoriL2
    LoriL2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

I followed the instructions I got from Agile Support which was very similar to your instructions except they had me do a few more things with iCloud syncing. It properly synced my iPad but my iPhone is still missing items. I emailed them directly but I'm not sure if they will see it since their "from" email was "support@". So here's my response to them:

-- email to support@---
    Well, it worked better this time than last time, however it still doesn't seem like it's syncing all of the items to my iPhone but it DID sync all of them to the iPad.

• Mac = 257 items
    • iPhone = 223 items
    • iPad = 257 items

I also noticed that on my browsers Safari and Chrome extensions it's missing 2 Social Security cards that are in the Mac version so I don't know if there are other things that aren't showing up in my browser extension list.

Thanks.
    Lori

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Lori, ( @LoriL2 )

I'm sure support will follow up with you soon about those numbers. However, I'd like you to check something about those "missing" cards. Please edit the entry and scroll down to the 'display' setting. Make sure that the display setting is set to 'Always' and not 'Never in browser'. :)

• LoriL2
    LoriL2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

Support did email me back so I'll continue working with them and will post the solution when we get one. I didn't realize there was a display setting whether to show in the browser or not. That was it and I LOVE that. There are things that I don't want to show in the browser so now I can do that. Is there a way to hide them from the iPad and iPhone versions too or no?

Thanks.
    Lori

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi Lori ( @LoriL2 ),

I'm glad that little tip solved things for you! :) Unfortunately right now there is no way to hide things from the mobile app, but I can certainly pass that request along to our developers. In the meantime, organizing things in folders or making use of the Favourites feature will give you quicker access to the Logins that you want without having to wade through all of the entries that you don't frequently need.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.