Options
2»

Comments

• quickreference
    quickreference
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT:

That workflow isn't really going to work for us ATM. Thanks anyhow.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@jfelchner

@MikeT does it not make sense to have each vault be a separate agilekeychain file? That way we can have each in a different location (say for example I can put a vault I want shared in another Dropbox folder which is shared amongst multiple people.

Yep each vault should be a separate keychain. I also segregated them by folder for each vault to further aid in and ease of sharing.

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower how did you get 1PW to do that? All I see is my single 1Password.agilekeychain file. :(

I just went to "New Vault" and created it that way. Is there another way?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

@jfelchner

1. Set up the sync preferences and it will prompt you to select a folder if your using the Dropbox option.

*I am using the web version and not the MAS version.

No no other way I had to manually create each folder and vault. You can create the folder before hand and skip a portion during the setup.

• In case others find this, These are there steps we are talking about in this conversation. Your folder names would be your choosing. I just name my folders after the keychain name.

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I didn't know each vault had separate sync settings. That makes more sense now, but is definitely confusing and should probably be explained in more detail to the user.

Thank you for the detailed explanation!

• Hi @jfelchner,

I thought we did explain it in the article that I linked in the last post. Can you explain which parts was confusing, so that I can pass it on to our docs team and they can improve it.

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT I guess that's because I didn't see the link. :) I think that doc is just fine.

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT, I know you all are extremely busy, but it seems as though multiple vaults are not being given any attention in the most recent updates.

It'd be nice to see at least a little progress made upon each release. Most notably is not closing the 1PW mini window when switching vaults. This is a huge headache.

Also, is there an ETA on the iOS app supporting multiple vaults (if they're all located within Dropbox)? After moving logins into multiple vaults (which is awesome), trying to access them on the go is now a nightmare.

• gwadmin
    gwadmin
    Community Member
    Options

I've been looking forward to multiple vaults for archive purposes -- but they would be much more useful to me if there were a way to copy ("share") multiple items at once into the secondary vault (and 'move' would be a nice addition to 'copy' so it's not necessary to delete them from the primary vault). My use case is that I want to archive a ton of old software licenses into a secondary vault but won't attempt it if I need to move one at a time -- j.

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

Try a multiple item export from your primary vault, followed by a delete and then an import into your secondary vault.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jfelchner,

We really do appreciate your patience during this busy launch time. Our developers have been working around the clock to kill some pretty significant sync-related bugs. Now that things seem to be calming down on that front, we can start to turn our attention to exciting new features like multiple vaults. Unfortunately, I can't provide anything so specific as an ETA on multiple vaults for iOS. There are just so many factors involved here, many of which are beyond our control, and the last thing we want to do is promise something and then not be able to deliver. We certainly don't want to disappoint all of our eager and excited users! (Believe me, I'm definitely in the 'excited' camp - I can hardly wait until this is a cross-platform feature.)

You'll be happy to know that a bug report has been filed about 1Password Mini closing when switching vaults. I'll admit, I just noticed it today, but I'm with you - it's quite annoying! I've added both our votes to this issue. :)

Hi @gwadmin,

We've heard feedback from a lot of users who would like to see more versatile sharing in the future, and we'll do our best to make this simple and smooth for you. In the meantime, @oshloel is right, your best bet is to export and then re-import. (I'd save the 'delete' step until after the import has been successfully completed, but I'm a bit paranoid.)

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan, I'm going to bump this topic every 2-3 weeks until the "mini closing when switching vaults" is fixed. Nothing personal. :)

• m4gr01ino
    m4gr01ino
    Community Member
    Options

@jfelchner, +1 :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

The bug (as it is considered :)) with the 1P mini window disappearing when switching vaults is in our tracker, as @Megan has previously mentioned. There's also a separate topic about it that @jfelchner started:

Switching Vaults in 1PW Mini Should Not Cause It To Close

That topic will remain open at least until 1P mini is doing the same after switching vaults from it. :)

Thanks for all the feedback here, folks. If anyone is still having a specific issue that hasn't been addressed please feel free to start a new topic. I think it's safe to say this one has now run its course.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.