Attachments not syncing over iCloud

Options
JamesHenderson
JamesHenderson
Community Member

Hi all,

I know this was an issue over WIFI, but I cannot sync some attachments only Mac to my other Mac and iOS devices. IS this a known issue?

Regards,
James.

Comments

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

I have done a few tests. I created a smart folder that looked for attachments, and the folder does show all the items with attachments an all my devices (it's just that the attachments themselves do not show).

I created a new item (secure note) and added an attachment and that synced fine across all the devices.

On reflection, I think the items that are not syncing were all created in 1Password v3 - is that significant? ...is that a known issue? ...if so I will re-create those items (I only have 20).

Regards,
    James.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know what the current status is, but when I began participating in the version 4 beta, my attachments were stripped as I moved from version 3. That was a known issue AT&T he time, and I just recreated the few attachments I had. Sorry I font remember specifically is this was announced as solved later.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

OK. Have you had any problems since? I do not mind recreating those items, but I want to be able to trust the syncing afterwards.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

No, I have not had any problems since. But because the current release for iOS cannot edit or delete attachments, I did have empty attachments listed for these records on my iPhone and iPad. For the very few record I had, I recreated the entire record with its attachment, then deleted the original. That way there aren't any phantom attachments left. That's a cosmetic wrinkle, though.

I just checked the Known Issues post at the top of this forum. It says that attachments don't sync via WiFi sync, but there is no mention of a problem with iCloud or Dropbox there. So I'm not sure why you are having troubles. You may want to wait for an AgleBits support person to reply before you recreate all of your attachments. @Megan? @sjk?

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

Well I duplicated all 20 items and added the attachments. On my other app, none of the new items have synced across and it is hung on "syncing" and it's been a few hours since I did this.

My iPhone hung for a minute after typing in my password then crashed out. When I restarted 1Password the whole phone reset. After restarting again all the new items are there but no attachments.

There is something fundamentally wrong here and I (sadly) no longer trust it.

I am so frustrated now as I simply cannot trust this anymore. I feel particularly stupid as I gave up LastPass (which never went wrong for me) for this shiny shiny app which does not seem to work.

I am not sure who @Megan or @sjk is, but I sure could use some support from AgileBits as I think now that they have all my money, they should honor their promise of a working system,
    J.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JamesHenderson,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting attachments to sync. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

For your iOS device:

IOS: Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics

Please edit the email address to read: support+forum@ agilebits .com (and include a note with your forum ID)

For your Mac:

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

Sure. I have 2 Mac's (the one with the attachments and the one without. I have an iPhone so you will get 3 reports.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan - I have just sent them.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JamesHenderson,

Thanks so much! We'll follow up directly via email so that we don't get things muddled up between here and there :)

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan - I have heard nothing since sending the email to you (I have updated with new info twice since then). I fly tomorrow and if this is not resolved by then I may as well not use 1Password at all as other items are being caught up in the perpetual "syncing" problem that I have described. Please help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JamesHenderson,

I do apologize for the delay here. I've asked one of our top tech gurus to take a peek at your situation. He should be able to have you straightened out soon!

This discussion has been closed.