1Password 4 won't start

Options
2»

Comments

• roustem
    edited October 2013
    Options

@sam0212,

Do you still have this happening? Could you please open the Activity Monitor app and search for "pass". Do you see more than one instance of 1Password mini by any chance?

• charmcitygavin
    charmcitygavin
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem as @sam0212, in addition the the main 1Password app not working at all. :(

• bgfrancey
    bgfrancey
    Community Member
    Options

Finally got mine working again thanks to Kyle at AgileBits Support. If you're using DROPBOX for your syncing, try this:

You're using Dropbox syncing, so lets see if it's the data in iCloud giving you trouble.

• Open a Finder window
    • Click Go->Go to Folder
    • Paste the following:

~/Library/Mobile Documents/

• Click Go

You should see several "onepassword" related folders in there, the one we're most concerned with is this one:

2BUA8C4S2C~com~agilebits~onepassword

Can you delete that one?

Then open 1Password again, fresh, (Control click the Quit 1Password and 1Password Mini) and see if that helps.

• charmcitygavin
    charmcitygavin
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome, @bgfrancey! That fixed it for me. Thanks for posting!

• Peter Rosvik
    Peter Rosvik
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue here and tried all the solutions in this thread. I still can't login to 1password

• Aoterra
    Aoterra
    Community Member
    Options

@bgfrancy, you are a legend - this suggestion fixed the problem for me, and now all is operational. A great relief, although I am disappointed that Agile didn't update the thread themselves once a solution had been identified.
    Regards

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey guys,

Peter Rosvik: Please check your Messages inbox for followup about your issue.

If anyone else who's reported problems in this topic is still having them please let me know and I'll help you out.

Thank you!

• francob
    francob
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, but different scene: 1password MAS was installed on my MacBook Pro, iCloud synced. My iPhone 1p works fine with iCloud Sync.
    Now I installed 1p MAS on my MacPro, and here is the problem shown above.
    1p won't start, don't unlock after typing password.
    So tried to delete the folder of @bgfancey, and 1p tells me at startup if I ever used 1p. Clicking it tells me that no iCloud data was saved.

After I moved 2BUA8C4S2C~com~agilebits~onepassword from my working MBP to 2BUA8C4S2C~com~agilebits~onepassword on MacPro.

Now 1p starts, but no elements are synced. It remains blank even after minutes.

I also wrote this via email to agilebits with troubleshooting report attached, but until now I didn't received an answer.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @francob.

I'm sorry you're still having trouble getting 1Password working and syncing properly. It looks like you may not have received the original reply from Kelly to your email. Please check for a new one from Marshall today and we'll help you through email to get all your issues resolved. Thanks!

• francob
    francob
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I just reply to Marshall by email.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, @francob.

• nasaby
    nasaby
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

I had this problem today after installing the MAS version. I was using a trial of 1PW4 and stored my keychain on Dropbox. No matter what I tried, I could not get 1PW to open my vault if I told the helper that I had used 1PW before and selected the agilekeychain on dropbox. However, after following the instructions here, I could open an empty vault using the existing password after I restarted the app. I then went to 1Password->Preferences->Sync and chose to sync with Dropbox. When I did that, I chose the folder on Dropbox in which the agilekeychain file was stored. 1Password then detected the keychain and imported my passwords and other data.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi, @nasaby.

I'll check and let you know if sandboxing in the MAS version of 1P4 could have been the reason you weren't able to open your 1Password keychain in Dropbox during setup. Is it in Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain or some other location?

This discussion has been closed.